1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to get p2k tools to recognize my motorola phone

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Zubatsss, May 7, 2007.

1. Zubatsss

Zubatsss Member

Help !!! i have followed various instructions as to getting jar files onto a mobile(motorola v3i).I have the JARmaker and JARul.The p2k window wont recognize my phone,it says not connected when it actually is.I installed tools from my disk which came with the phone and got the usb drivers(not sure if i needed them or not)from motomodders.Do i need other drivers and if so where from ? the thread i read said you have to install 5 different bits from the drivers,but i never saw anything like that :-\.Id really appreciate any help on this thank you in advance.

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Here is a good guide to start and get your phone connected.

3. Zubatsss

Zubatsss Member

Many thanks,time will tell wether i can still fathom it tho ;-\ Thanks for the reply :)

4. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

SOmetimes unplugging the phone, then replugging it in will connect it.

5. Zubatsss

Zubatsss Member

Well i've tried re-installing drivers,re-connecting phone,rebooting,turning phone off and still nothing :-(.The red splat flickers ever so slightly but doesn't turn green.I normally can work things out given time but this is starting to have me beat !I tried both versions of p2k tools just to see if that had anything to do with it....im in desperate need here as my stubborness won't allow me to leave this pc till i've figured it !!

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

One other suggestion, try finding a program called PST phone programmer, this connects to your phone and allows other programs to get access to your phone,PST Programmer This may work.

7. Zubatsss

Zubatsss Member

Blivet Nc thanks for your replies they have given me hope,but unfortunately PST wont work for me either,after stage 4 is completed an error comes up saying that it wont work with the service pack i have,i clicked out of that and another came out saying it wont work with service pack 1 either(i have service pack 2).I appreciate your help but its back to the drawing board for me ;-\

8. Zubatsss

Zubatsss Member

I wondered how it errored and said about the service packs,so i rebooted and carried on regardless...THANK YOU SOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH :)) i can now go and enjoy life !! Your help has been great,many thanks again !

9. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Cool, glad it worked for you.

10. Zubatsss

Zubatsss Member

...just as i thought i had it beat,i have come across yet another obstacle.I now have java appuploader on my phone,alls hunkey dorey with the JAR and JUD programs,i upload what i need to then start to d/l on my phone,i have to switch to COM6 from COM3 or it times out,but even tho it starts with COM6 selected the most ive managed to d/l is 10% then it fails...any ideas as to why ? Your other help has been invaluable to me and im chuffed ive got this far !!

11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I'm no help to you with Jar and java games, try posting a new thread describing your stalemate and either Jerry or Nicht or someone else who is more knowledgeable than I can help you out.

12. Zubatsss

Zubatsss Member

Many thanks :)

13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

found this site, it might help you, one specific forum deals with your phone.
    V3I