1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to get Wiikey to work

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Furq, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Furq

Furq Member

I have tried installing the chip twice, without success. The setup disc refuses to load. To make sure it is not due to the media used, I tried Verbatim DVD+R set to booktype DVD-ROM, as well as Sony DVD-R media. I am confused however as my installation appeared to be fine. Is there anything specific I should look out for? The connections seemed to be good, I plan on trying to move the chip to a different location on the motherboard and hope that will fix the problem, but as of now have had no luck.

2. M37R01D

M37R01D Member

do you have any pics of the install that you could post?
    if not you can email them to me and I will check them out

3. Furq

Furq Member

Sure I will try to take some pictures tonight. I may just have to remove the chip and try to reinstall. Thanks for the help, I'll have the pics up as soon as I can

4. Furq

Furq Member

Just thought I'd update and say that everything is working now, turns out that the power connection I believe was not soldered correctly as it wasnt fully visible to me as I used the quick solder method for that connection. Anyways its working perfectly now, thanks so much

5. dlockmal

dlockmal Member

Which connection exactly is the power connection? You can just reference the number from the official instruction guide (1-6)

Thanks