1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to install xbox live update

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by TonyJer, Jan 15, 2013.

1. TonyJer

TonyJer Regular member

Hi

May be answering my own question here but use Microsoft wifi adaptor to connect to live as PC and router upstairs and xbox downstairs.

Try to connect to live and it initially says “can’t connect, test connection etc”. I do that and network and internet then confirm connected. I then select option to install update and get first download box which eventually completes but this takes you to a bigger window which just gets stuck about a third of the way.

Have definitely correctly configured wifi adaptor to router and router shows up on xbox etc. Also distance from xbox to router can’t possibly be exceptional.

Does this mean I just have to junk the wifi adaptor and run an Ethernet up the stairs to router? If I have to do that, do I connect it to PC or spare router socket?)

Thanks

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

you can dowmload it from the xbox site on a pc, copy files to usb, or burn to cd, not everyone has live remember ;).....
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<my bad didnt see it was a live update :(

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  3. TonyJer

TonyJer Regular member

Thanks

Sorted now.