1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unable to install

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by miajane, Dec 6, 2007.

1. miajane

miajane Member

hi, have starview receiver and a situation where i have lost all channels and while trying to set up/install i've auto scanned and o channels found. also i can't exit from main menu.i originally scanned for channelstues 4th as i thought channels had been lost. living d 22 any ideas?

2. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

mia do a factory reset if you can, if this works then go to install, choose ntl and autoscan, when done, press menu - 1570 on remote and exit, exit, out to a channel and it will update. If this doesnt work give me a shout, I am in d22 myself

3. miajane

miajane Member

micah, i think i have tried to do as you suggest. on the led screen of the box i dont have any channel number just an on. when i key in numbers on remote they dont appear on led display, thanks for reply

4. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

Right, what you need to do is flash the box with the software, and follow the above instruction to get your channels back.

5. miajane

miajane Member

what will that involve micah and what software, thanks

6. MICKAH

MICKAH Active member

7. miajane

miajane Member

thanks micah, power off in work all day i've only got your reply,thanks again

8. miajane

miajane Member

Micah, had no chance to try your solution as i was away all weekend. please bear with me as i'm a real novice in this situation. do i have to connect the starview box to a computer and if so what cables/connections are reqd. if needed where would i find same? thanks again