1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unable to load games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dsitu, Oct 28, 2004.

1. dsitu

dsitu Member

i just moded my ps2 (v7) with a messiah 2 pro and tried to test it out by backing up a copy of star ocean: till the end of time. i used some cheap media(i think) burning at 2x(buffer level too high to burn at 1x). it gets me into the game, plays the intro and into the title screen but when i choose to start a new game or load a game, it would just go into a black screen and no move at all, i can periodicly hear the cd spin though. can someone please tell me what im doing wrong and how i can fix this, i read some stuff refering to DVD Decrypter but not sure what its for.

2. wong_c_fu

wong_c_fu Regular member

try to stay away from the cheap media. Not only will it determine a successful burn, but I heard it's not good for the laser lens of the PS2 either because of the reflectivity of the disc...don't know how true that is, but I read it somewhere and took it into consideration.

DVD Decrypter is a program that a lot of people on this board use to back up their original games they own. Very easy to use. It's the program I use as well, and have never got any problems

3. dsitu

dsitu Member

the game seems to work fine..... gets me into the title screen, but no further. i dont think its the medias fault if it got me there, im wondering if its my modchips fault or i gotta do something im not doing right now