1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to play a Back Up copy of DVD Movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SWX929, Oct 2, 2003.

1. SWX929

SWX929 Member

Hello,

I am currently trying to burn a back copy of a dvd movie, but when all is said and done, I put it in the Sony dvd player and it plays the initial part of the dvd where it introduces who owns the movie then stops. I just purchased a Sony DRU-510A dvd burner. Downloaded dvd-shrink, followed all the directions on compressing the dvd. Found information on how to burn DVD's using RecordNow DX software. I have tried several times with no luck. If someone has any advice or requests more information please let me know. Thx

Travis

2. alntht

alntht Guest

You are sure that you put all VOB and related files from the DVD Shrink encoding in the Video_TS folder, correct? Also, you know that our stand alone is cabable of reading DVD-/+R, right? The problem could be with RecordNow, but I've never used it...I use Nero (though that seems to be controversial). If you used DVD Shrink in ReAuthor mode, maybe you didn't get the right VOB...

3. SWX929

SWX929 Member

Hey alntht,

I appreciate the quick response. I may have not put all the correct files in the VIDEO_TS folder. All I did was put in the dvd then clicked open disk, then I click on the "backup" button, I assumed that it backs up all files I need to burn into the directory I specfied which is VIDEO_TS. Is that wrong, is there something else I need to do? Also I didn't touch the "re-author" button. About the stand alone I checked on the net and it says that my player can play all formats and the one I am currently trying to burn too is DVD+R. I found some info on how to setup RecordNow to burn dvds, the link to this came off the dvd shrink site.
    http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/recordnowmax.htm
    Thx

Travis

4. alntht

alntht Guest

I've never had a problem baking up with DVD Shrink. If you opened the disk, checked that the bar was totally green (for size), and hit bacup; you should have been given all of the correct files. Putting them all into the video_ts folder on your DVD should be all that is required. Sorry I couldn't help more.

5. SWX929

SWX929 Member

Hey,

Yeah the bar is totally green, and I just hit back up and put them in the VIDEO_TS folder. Thx for the help.

Travis

6. SWX929

SWX929 Member

Hello,

I just wanted to say that this thread is done, there was a setting I did not check on RecordNow DX, which was:

Recognize the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders per the dvd specification.

Thx for the help!

7. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Yep, easily overlooked, sometimes does not cause an issue BUT is recommended to have this checked as the proggy then recognises it as a compliant dvd.....