1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNABLE to play avi's to tv using dxr3/hollywood card, fully.

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by onthelash, Apr 21, 2002.

1. onthelash

onthelash Member

i can play the avi to tv now using divx plus, this is great but i dont get the sound to the tv, only through the pc speakers, and if i want to tape it, theres obviously no sound, you guys got any ideas.
    currently use remselector to tv with my card and no problems with this with sound.
    cheers

2. churdy

churdy Guest

if you are getting the cound through the PC speaker's then all you need is a phono to RCA(AV) convertor, pick them up at any audio shop for about 5-10 $ and then simply connect the av converted sound to your TV or VCR
    P.s. I am having the problem with the DXR3 too, how did you output the .AVI to the TV through that DXR3 card

3. onthelash

onthelash Member

lo m8,realised after a while that if i put the sound cable from dxr3 to sound card it was fine, felt like a bit of an idiot for not thinking of it in the first instance ;p

to get AVI 's to the TV through the card, i use a little program called DIVXplus, will play fine but does crash when you stop and start the program a few times without rebooting, has'nt done it yet on XP(more stable).

4. praetorxx

praetorxx Member

try using divxplus. It works for watching avi files with my dxr3. The only thing I canĀ“t manage is to watch subtitles.