1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to play movie in dvd player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by mistaguy1, Jan 14, 2007.

1. mistaguy1

mistaguy1 Member

ok.. so i started off with an english .avi movie. I converted it too dvd format with winavi converted. Then i got a bunch of files in a folder called video_ts. Then i burned them with nero 6 onto a dvd+r type dvd. It worked fine on my computer.. but i get an error when i run it on my dvd player. Help please?

2. zeiram

zeiram Guest

are you sure your standalone dvd player can actully read +r discs or is it only -r that it can read

3. mistaguy1

mistaguy1 Member

im not really sure.. how do i check?

4. zeiram

zeiram Guest

get 2 discs

make one a dvd-r
    make the other a dvd+r

burn the same movie to both discs and then see which play in your dvd player

5. Peach1468

Peach1468 Member

I had the very same thing happen to me. On a whim, I tried the DVD in a different stand alone DVD player. To my surprise, it worked fine! Small glitch at the very beginning, but NOTHING like it played in the first one (which froze every 2-3 minutes, skipped a part, and then started again).

Surprisingly, I have done a lot of research on the web about playback problems with backup DVDs, and most of them give the following advice:

Try using better media
    Lower your burn speed
    Update your firmware
    Clean the DVD player

While good, most of those sites missed mentioning a very important and simple solution. For me, my issue was resolved once I used my Sanyo player instead of the Daewoo. So, to add to the above list, try playing it on a different brand DVD player. My Daewoo is supposed to be able play the disc type I was using (DVD-RW), but surprise, surprise . . . So, try it; the issue may not be the DVD at all!