1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to play recorded DVD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by chris1981, Dec 9, 2003.

1. chris1981

chris1981 Member

Hi I was hoping someone out there might have an answer to my problem. I live in China now and as there is a slight language barrier, plus the fact the TV here is crap - I got my friend to record a few football matches onto DVD and send them over. I have a PS2 which I bought in England and have never had any problems playing any DVD's on it before but when I put this particular DVD in the machine it just makes a lot of whirring noise but nothing happens - no disc read error or anything. I'm not sure if it is just the fact that the disc is not compatible or maybe extreme heat or cold damaged the disc on the way over - I'm not sure if this could be a possible explanation. Is there anything I can do? I'm desperate to relieve the tedium of watching another Chinese Opera!! Oh, and I also tried the DVD in my friends laptop (also bought in England) and it didn't work again. Cheers for any help!

Chris.

2. andrew31

andrew31 Regular member

sounds like the dvd is blank

3. chris1981

chris1981 Member

It is not blank because my friend could play it fine on his DVD player

4. Soulja

Soulja Guest

language barrier then.. of the dvd player or the disc its self

5. chris1981

chris1981 Member

but as the ps, the dvd recorder and the discs were all bought in the UK I wouldn't think it would be a language barrier.

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

the only conclusion i can think of is the format the dvd it is writen in is incompatable with your ps2