1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to playback any burned DVD's on a Panasonic DVD RV

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by groovey1, Aug 15, 2007.

1. groovey1

groovey1 Member

Hello!

I search the forum and was unable to find the answer, and I figure if any onecould tell me the answer its you people.

My friend has a panasonic DVD RV made in 2002, and it will not play any burned DVD I give him I have tried two programs thus far Nero vision as well as ConvertXtoDVD.

Panasonic claims it simply will not play any burned DVD that have not been finalized on a dvd player ( NO DVD roms)

But here is the kick in the pants, someone he used to work with has given him burned DVD of a DVD rom...........

So how do I go about this??

Thanks for the help

Ron

2. attar

attar Senior member

No model number, just 'RV' ?
    Have you tried with DVD-R and DVD+R?

Standalone DVD recorders can finalize a disk that has been burned on the recorder - else it wouldn't be playable on another player or PC - and any disk that has been burned on a PC is automatically finalized.

3. groovey1

groovey1 Member

The model I believe is RV 32 from what he told me, Panasonic says the DVD must be finalized on a stand alone, and the media type is DVD is -r not + r, again Panansonic claims it will be able to play a -r DVD that has been finalized in a stand alone, not from a DVD rom

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  4. attar

attar Senior member