1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to record audio

Discussion in 'Audio' started by carox13, Jan 19, 2008.

1. carox13

carox13 Member

I am unable to record audio on my computer. I am using the software like audio recorder, advanced MP3 wma recorder. These softwares are functional on others computers but not on mine. Can anyone help in this regard.
    My monitor has inbuilt audio but due to lower sound limit I am using additional sound boxes.

2. undine

undine Regular member

Which operating system does your computer use? Also, is it a desktop or laptop?

3. carox13

carox13 Member

I am using Microsoft windows XP Professional SP 2. It's a desktop.

4. undine

undine Regular member

I am not knowledgeable with the programs that you mention , but some of the newer computers make it hard to record with. On some computers, in order to record from your sound card you may need to connect the "line out" back to the "line in" jack. Check to see if your programs are set to the correct "source" in the preferences or options menu.

5. carox13

carox13 Member

Thanx. Do you mean i should check the hardware( i.e connecting the wires in the line-in and out jacks) or software?

Even when i use MP3 direct cut to record the audio, it does'nt play back.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  6. undine

undine Regular member

Do the vertical monitor bars on Mp3DirectCut show that you are getting audio into the program? Your input audio should make the bars go up as the audio goes up and down. What source are you trying to record? Do you have a folder for Mp3DirectCut to place the file in?