1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNABLE TO SHRINK W/ 3.2

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by MAKIKI, Feb 19, 2007.

1. MAKIKI

MAKIKI Member

I'm a newie and have been having trouble trying to back up to ISO, I get this msg "DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Fail to read file "E:\" , "Copy Protected error. The read failed because the Sector is encrypted", Now I know that all are encrypted yet, I have been able to back some up on Shrink 3.5 and burn....what do I have to do, do I need an Shrink 3.5 update or what?

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Shrink is no longer updated so when you run into the newer copy protection you get these kinds of errors. There are ways around this.
    You should try Ripit4me for a free solution.
    Another free way is DVDFab Decrypter to rip with first and then use Shrink on the files it makes.
    Running AnyDVD in the background works as well.

3. MAKIKI

MAKIKI Member

Fasfrank, took me a little time to figure out how to work with DVDfab Decrypter, read you responce three or four time and then it hit me, the word files(plural), and I guess you know the rest...would like to thanks you again for your quick response and help and time....DVDfab Decrypter is a great program.......