1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to unbrick !!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by assadi84, Sep 29, 2007.

1. assadi84

assadi84 Regular member

I used to unbrick many PSPs with the same pandora battery and memstick, before few days, my friend got me a psp which as he tells me, it fell from his hand and become like this "when it is switched on, it keep getting the system settings corrupted message, and to press O, and it restarts with the same thing, over and over", so i told him that i will fix it, i did do normal unbricking and i also did restore the NAND i have for 1.5 FW, updated it to 3.52 M33-4 and then it worked fine, i checked that evertyhing is fine, and i gave it back to him, then after a day, he returned it to me, and said when he reached home, he checked it and it was working fine, and then later on, when he wanted to play it, it wouldnt start, black screen with the power light on, same as bricked, and he brought it back to me, so i switched it on, and all the indications of a bricked psp, except the power light never goes off.. So i hard shutdown, and the tried to access the recovery, and it worked, i chekced that everything is fine, pressed exit, and the psp started normally and everything was working fine, then i wanted to check it again from hard shutdown, so once i did shutdown it, same thing happened again, black screen and the green light never goes on, i tried again with the recovery, but this time i couldnt access it, tried it many times. So i thought i would try to unbrick it again, and using the same battery and memstick as i used to unbrick lots of other PSPs, but now, i place the memstick first and when i place the battery, the power would go on by it self but it never reads the memstick.. Any one with idas !!

2. kurozen

kurozen Member

If you can get back into recovery in one of those off-chance moments, try replacing the flash with that of your working psp? It seems as though the flash is just unstable, and if you could get the opportunity to put in a fully functioning version, that might help it.