1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to update Xbox 360 dashboard through USB or CD.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by wheelstb, Sep 30, 2011.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I take an empty flash drive and copy the system update folder onto it. I insert the flash drive into the Xbox and turn the power off and then back on. My flash drive lights up but nothing happens.

I have also tried burning the system update folder onto a CD (as a data disk). I put the disc into the 360 turn the power off then turn it back on. Unfortunately, nothing happens. Should I be burning the file to the disc as an image?

Also on the 360 website it talks about pushing the reset button. I bought my 360 you sometime ago and have hardly played with it. Is the reset button the black one in

2. ajf81280

ajf81280 Member

put your flash drive into the xbox 360....go to settings...memory and storage... and let the xbox format your flash drive...then stick it in your computer and download the latest update from xbox.com and put the $systemupdate folder on the root on your flash drive...plug back in and either it will restart the system and start the update or just turn off your system and turn back on with flash in the WHOLE time and it will start automatically.

3. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

When I went under the storage menu on the Xbox it said no storage devices available.
    I have lost my other flash drive. Can anyone think of why this could happen? I will try updating with another flash drive and see what happens.

4. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

Do I absolutely have to update the dashboard for the latest version of iextreme firmware to work?