1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to view MPEG2 in NERO Player

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by HD_Cycles, Apr 1, 2007.

1. HD_Cycles

HD_Cycles Member

Hi all,
    I am a definite newbie to DVD and just put a DVDR drive on my computer, all working fine. I have Nero6 Ultra program installed on my computer (came bundled with the device with the latest updates) and it's been working great, but when I went to view the only DVD I own (turns out to br MPEG2) using my Nero Player I keep getting the following messege for some of my files:
    Due to patent restrictions, MPEG-2-4 decoding/encoding is no longer available. To enable the feature along with all other Nero applications you need to upgrade you Nero software. Then when I click on the upgrade message I get taken too Nero website where I have to upgrade my Nero to Nero 7 and pay for it and down the bottom of the page or purchase a DVD-Video Plug-in. I don't want to pay for a program when I just purchased this one. Apparantly there are different versions of Nero6 like Ultra 9the one I have}, Nero6 Reloaded etc.
    All I want to know is is there a way to purchase a MPEG-2 decoding/encoding device and does this need to be added to my computer or to the Nero program? I saw something about K-lite that was free and supposed to give you all the codecs etc. but will it work with Nero.
    Thanks for any input you may have,
    Jake

2. zapatero

zapatero Member

To play DVDs, download and install the K-Lite Codecs Pack Standard, http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Codec_Pack_download.htm.
    This will install Media Player Classic with DVD support. It does not interfere with Nero in any way.
    To burn DVDs, you need a Nero version with MPEG-2 support.

3. HD_Cycles

HD_Cycles Member

Hi zapatero,
    Thank you so much for the help. I'll do just that right now.
    Jake