1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to write at a lower speed then 6x

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rhawes, Feb 15, 2007.

1. rhawes

rhawes Member

Okay my dvdrw drive is listed as

DVDRW DRW -5S163

I set DVD Decrypter to burn at 2.4x and in the middle of the burn I realized it was burning at 6x. After it was over I attempted to repeat the burn and noticed that DVD Decrypter lists that 6x is the lowest speed my burner is able to burn at? I have not received my Swap Magic disks yet and was trying to get the games ready before it arrived? 6x is higher then what is normally stated for burning purposes, so does anyone have any ideas on what I could do to fix this problem, or do you think it still has a chance to work?

2. shcs

shcs Guest

well it is recommended that you burn at 4X or at half the disc speed, this means that is you cant burn at 4X then make sure your disc is at least 12X and higher. if your discs are higher than 12X, then you shoulndt have a problem with your buckup.

3. Tru_dz

Tru_dz Member

try gettin dvd+rs that are 8x my burner had that problem but it was just the dvds lol for sum reson but at 8x you can go at hakf that speed

4. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

no that rule is far far outdated, if you have a newer burner. in newest burners the discs can be burnt at 8x.

5. live2fast

live2fast Member

i burn every game at 8x on 16x dvd-r's
    give it a shot.

dvd decrypter shows the minimum speed as 6x also with 16x dvd's, when i put in 8x fujifilm dvd-r's the minimum is 4x... fyi

=)

6. steimy

steimy Active member

DVD Decrypter will usually show (and burn) at about half the maximum speed of the discs you use. Like with an 8X disc i can set it to burn at 1X but the actual write speed will be about 3.8X

It just takes the guess work out. If you are using 6X discs then 6X should be ok. But i would really wait until you get your system modded and can test one before i went ahead and burned a bunch of them.

Disc quality also makes a bug difference in weather they work or not, so i hope you bought good DVD's (according to a DVD media guide)