1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unbelieveable

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by totalPOS, Mar 20, 2007.

1. totalPOS

totalPOS Member

I purchased my first xbox 360 in July of 06. I have had to return it to the store for a new counsol not once, not twice but three times because of different errors and problems that I have experienced. Just this week the third counsels crapped out with the festive "ring of death" hardware error. If you are a gamer and you are trying to decide between any system and the 360, buy the other system. I do want to give circuit city props for being super cool about the problems that I have experienced. They have taken the previous systems back without much hassel. Microsoft should be totally embaresed by this POS system. I used to feel bad that people modded their systems to play games that they burned for free, but after all that I have been through with this system, I have no sympathy what so ever for the multi-billion dollar corporation that released the worst technological flop since fords Edsel. I'm DONE with this thing. If circuit city will take it back and give me store credit, I am buying a ps3...if not, I'll send it off to be repaired and buy myself a Wii. Seriously, what a disapointment this whole experience has been. I am super pumped about the fact that I have almost $1,0000 worth of games that I will get 20 cents on the dollar for at some trade in game place. If you are a 360 owner, get your console modded and don't give those bastards at microsoft another penny!!!

ps. vista sucks too. it is just a ripp-off of OSX

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

and your an idiot, go flame elsewhere

3. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Do you hear that POS

that's the worlds smallest violin and it's playing just for you

4. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

People get frustrated when stuff doesn't work like it used to. NES, SNES, GENESIS, ect.. never had a problem. Only when we went CD-Based did we get problems. Remember turning your PS1 on the side because it overheated? Stuff happens, but I feel ya man. Everyone else should also feel bad for ya because we all know $59 dollar games don't come cheap... especially when you got a wife & 2 kids.

5. sloopawh

sloopawh Guest

i had to return mine 2 or 3 times to best buy too and they were pretty good about it... its working fine now and now that im past it its been perfect

6. killalot

killalot Active member

Has it only been a problem in the states with the Xbox? I know when they first released the console there was problems with over heating issues was it a pre manufactory date the reason I ask I’m from the UK got one for my son at Christmas the manufacturing date was October 2006 hoping the problem was resolved I’ve modded it now so hope it doesn’t got tits up …….

7. steimy

steimy Active member

well, it is like anything else as far as electronics goes. The problem is not a regional thing. You can get a good one, or you can get a bad one. I know people who have had one since it was released and never had a problem. What i do see as a problem is that a lot of people are getting the Ring Of Death right after their year waranty expires. Every new console has these type of problems. But I have also read that next month they will be releasing the new model 360.
    Which will be black, have a 120GB HDD and have HDMI. Although it will also cost $479. The hard drive will be sold seperatly for people who want it and the price will be somewhere under $200.
    Hopefully the new model will have fixes for the current models problems.

8. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

I don't think he is an idiot nor flaming at all, just an upset consumer (and rightfully so). I ALWAYS hear stories like this on almost a daily basis either from here, friends, co-workers in store conversations and the like. In a way it makes me think how many ACTUAL 360's have been sold to more than 1 person at a time because of failures.

scorpNZ & mikeismad lets see how you would feel if the same happened to you as much as it is known about....

9. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i would be angry yes, but i dont think i would say that all of mircosoft sucks, because yes a few consoles crapped out but that is less than 1 percent of all the consoles they made. just bad luck that you got ones that didnt work correctly, and i agree he should be mad as any person would be, but still its not an entire corporation to blame...

10. totalPOS

totalPOS Member

yup heard that. I have no reason to be on this message board any more any way as I just got a sweet new PS3 toady...hey did you guys know that it plays blue-rays also? Good luck with your transitional system. Remember the dream cast? That was a great system for about 15 minutes. In 6 months most of your 360s will die too and then you will understand...or you'll get it fixed and continue to have an inferior system. But, I will say, it was fun as hell when it worked correctly, and I hope that microsuck does the right thing and recalls the defective ones so you all get what you paid for. Don't take it personally mikeismad. None of my post was a shot at you. This part is though: My only regret now that I won't be on xbox live is that I will never get a chance to crush you in halo 3...and crush you I would have buddy.

11. Oner

I have a hard time believing it is 1% with the amount of info I have heard. The PS2 had over 100 Million world wide sales and I didn't hear as much and I am positive they had more than a 1%, hell if they had 1% that would be over 1 million and that is +/- around 10% of the total 360 sales.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2007
  12. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i meant 10 percent, sorry... i didnt catch it..

13. Oner

If anything that just makes it true; 10% of 10 million is 1 million... That is a SUBSTANTIAL RELATIVE amount, to anyone and thus supports what this whole 360 discussion is about. And what I mean by that is the relation of how many broken to how many sold not the amount. Understand? I'll explain a bit more

100+ Million consoles sold and having 1 Million broken = 1%

is not as bad as

10+ Million consoles sold and having 1 Million broken = 10%

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  14. mrlip

mrlip Regular member

Either way, enjoy your PS3. Didnt Time magazine have it at number 1 for the biggest bust of the year?

15. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

mikeismad, edit your 20. March 2007 @ 21:51 post as we don't need a flamewar here.

16. Oner

And you really think I give one flying....about what "Time Magazine" thinks? they are SO out of touch it's unreal. Biggest bust..yeah okay, but the X360 which has an UNBELIEVABLE failure rate is not a bust? It's all in how you look at it and interpret who says what. It's amazing how something that has ONLY been out for a matter of 3 months can be labeled as a "bust" and something that has ONLY 10 Million sales as the best.

Edit: How about the absolute failure the Xbox 360 is in Japan? If that is any queue to a comparison between the 2 then the PS3 is on the right track.....

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  17. johnblaze

johnblaze Regular member

18. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

i'm sorry about your 360, but it MUST be your luck man. most ppl buy 1 and it's good for a long long time...

and that last message about windows vista is uncalled for.

19. Oner