1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uninstalled Mcafee Security Centre - All Data On Pc Lost!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by u2steve, Dec 31, 2004.

1. u2steve

u2steve Guest

I bought a new dell pc and got this mcafee security centre fee trial with it, once the trial ended i tried to uninstall it.

Now My computer consists of 2 programmes: Internet and Outlook Express, all my music, video, pictures are lost.

I restored my pc twice and although all my programmes are back my documents are not, I feel sick!

Please anyone help me...

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

I wouldn't use System Restore, in your case, I think your data is unbackable as you might've erased your whole programs and documents when you uninstalled McAfee Security Center. The only option I would recommend here is a full reformat and start with a clean slate...

3. u2steve

u2steve Guest

Right, pretty bad then

I'll email dell technical support to see what they say, would i need a technician to do the reformat

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2004
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if you got a restore cd with pc, can use it

5. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

Reformatting the PC is as simple as posting on AfterDawn. ;)

6. u2steve

u2steve Guest

So how did you learn, did you get dell to do it for you?

Are you sure my pc needs a reformat because all i have done is uninstalled mcafee, i have all my programmes back now, but my documents arent.

(the music beat on the "music documents" and picture on "my pictures" are missing. The shared documents is called just "documents also")

I know these seem like silly things but it makes you wonder if anything else is wrong.

dont get me wrong i think a reformat would be the best option a new clean slate

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

if you think there is possible other problems than if you have a restore cd than use it as it will wipe drive & put back to factory settings

8. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

In that case steve... you probably don't need a reformat. Just create a new folder titled "My Documents/Steve's Documents" or whatever, and then put all your stuff in there from now on! =D