1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

uninstalled mozilla and installed IE and it will not work

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by kim_catt, Jan 26, 2007.

1. kim_catt

kim_catt Guest

My Mother asked my to uninstall mozilla foxfire and put IE back on. So i did, but now IE will not work. every time i connect it say to go to internet options and see if everything look right. As far as i know it does.

please help. I don't want to mess Mom's computer up...

Thanks
    Kimberley

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

If you updated to the "new and improved" internet explorer 7, then i advise you to uninstall that and go back to version 6.
    I take it you realise you couldn't have uninstalled IE *simply because XP doesn't offer you that function*, so it's either a problem with IE 7, or a possible network problem if you have IE 6.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2007
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

there have been issues with ie7 on both legit & non-legit xp windows in that you cannot connect to the net so if trying to use ie7 than uninstall it.

4. kim_catt

kim_catt Guest

thank you both. I am going to Mom's again tomorrow, so if she is running IE 7 i will uninstall it. i really dont know what is going on. even her internet connection(sympatico) will not work. i really don't know. i might have to download from her pc and transfer via flash drive to laptop.

well thanks again,
    Kimberley

5. ddp

where in canada are you as i'm in ontario 90km north of toronto?

6. kim_catt

kim_catt Guest

thank you to everyone that replied to this message.
    i am happy to say everything seems to be working fine now. i reinstalled IE6 and hooked up Mom's wireless router (networked)to her pc & laptop. now she can access the internet and the IE works.

Thanks again.
    Kimberley

7. ddp

no problem, teach & learn

8. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

just to add to this...i'm experiencing similar problems but backwards...i have both ie 7 and mozilla installed but i'm having problems using mozilla as it won't load a lot of the websites. i tried ipconfig/renew /release/ /dsnflush
    i'm not sure what is wrong. i think i had hidemyip program at one point but decided to uninstall it. maybe that might have caused the network problem? i can get into AD fine though :)

9. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

i take that back...i can't log into any forums including AD with mozilla firefox (latest version) something wrong with my network configuration. do you know how to reset or fix this??? i can access with ie7 but not with firefox. i uninstalled and reinstalled firefox but it's not working either.

10. Jay05

Jay05 Regular member

well, i turned my windows firewall off and it seemed to be working now. i have no clue why it did that. i've never had firewall issues. weird. thanks for reading though :)