1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unistall

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by culpeck, Mar 4, 2007.

1. culpeck

culpeck Regular member

ive downloaded a game and when i try to install it it says ive got a previous installation of it please delete this first i cannt find it any where to delete in program files or any were tried every were please help i installed it b4 but could not find out how to use no cd crack so i deleted it now i now how to use no cd crack ive retried to install it but keeps saying the above please help me to delete the previous files that r still installed thanks

2. onya

onya Guest

This is assuming you have tried to use windows uninstaller(in control panel), and could not find the file.

Use windows search function and type in the game name. Note you will get a directory for the folder you have the "new" game in also. Point to the directory where the "old" game is installed in, and manually remove that/those files. At this point it may be best to run a registry cleaner. A good one to use is Crapcleaner(in issues mode) http://www.filehippo.com/ It's also free :)

Restart your pc, set a new restore point and install the "new" game.

Cheers.

3. culpeck

culpeck Regular member

ive removed the programme manually but it keeps saying previous installation detected ive tried on search project igi and code masters deleated these but still saying above

4. onya

onya Guest

Did you run the registry cleaner?

Cheers.