1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unknown problem (complete newb)

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by acl, Apr 28, 2004.

1. acl

acl Member

I am trying to rip a dvd and I'm having some serious problems...

First, I cannot find software that will rip the dvd at 23.976 frames per second without the audio and video going off. It's slightly out of sync in the beginning and just gets worse and worst until it's unwatchable. Maybe it isn't the software? Any feedback would be appreciated.

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

what prog you using to rip now? what are you trying to do with this video/audio?

give us some more details...

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I agree w/ seamonkey ... more details needed !!

It sounds more like you are trying to encode a movie from your HDD , rather than ripping a movie from DVD (?)

4. acl

acl Member

So sorry,

I am using Vegas Video, and yes, it is an encoding problem. Should I go to a different forum? Any recommendations for another forum?

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I'll move the thread if I feel it's needed [at sme point] ; )

It sounds like maybe you're having a problem while encoding/converting PAL to NTSC or vice versa... (?)

I stopped using Vegas Video a while ago now & currently use MainConcept MPEG Encoder [is so quick compared to 8-12hrs some encoders take]... it hasn't given me any problems with Audio while encoding & converting to PAL at the same time.
    In in UK ( but is the same in most of Europe) and we're able to play PAL or NTSC ... without lip sync problems or black n' white video playback on TV.

So my suggestion might well be to try a different software & see how you get on [if you choose to leave a lot mre details of your source file & the project undertaken you may well help others to help you! : ]-~