1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unknown?!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by justxbox, Sep 26, 2004.

1. justxbox

justxbox Member

Hi there,

Im struggling withplayin my back-ups? I've ftp'ed and everything changed them to iso and burnt them fine. However wen i put them in my xbox it comes up with unknown instead of game?!

Am i doin somethingw rong or has any1 else come across this problem?

Any help will be much appreciated

Cheers mike

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

It doesn't sound like your making the backup properly - either by creating it or by burning it. I had this problem when i first started out and I didn't know how to burn the iso file to disk.

First of all i will give you a basic guide on how to do it from start to finish.

Turn on xbox so that your aftermarket dash loads
    place game in d:
    open d: in flash fxp
    highligh all the files and transfer them to a file of your choice on your pc drive
    wait...
    once completed open up craxtion 4 (very easy to use - if you know how to use qwix or another program that is fine. You can use that instead)
    Choose patch
    choose xbe patcher
    Locate your folder which you saved the game in
    patch ALL the .xbe files
    Choose iso creator
    choose the folder which the game is located within
    choose a new folder for the iso to be saved into - This MUST be different to the folder from which the iso is being CREATED from.
    Let it finish

Now you have your iso which is the same size as your raw data

Open nero, choose open, choose all images, choose the iso, choose your burn speed, and write. DONT change any other settings.

OR

Record Now - Open record now, close wizard, choose image, choose (in options) disk at once closed and 2048 dvd as the mode. Add file - choose all image files, choose the iso and add it.

choose the recording speed - min mid max and write it.

There that should work.

If it still doesn't work then you may need to change the brand of dvd you use.

One last thing. If you still cant get the disk to work then you can burn the CONTENTS of the game folder as DATA in record now. I dont advise this method but sometimes its the only way you can get it to work with old bios's and old version sof evo x.

Last thing - your not using +r media with a samsung drive are you?

Well i hope this helps.

Let me know how you get on.

Clarky