1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unleashx black screen (internet connection???)

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by thepiskur, Feb 23, 2007.

1. thepiskur

thepiskur Member

ok so. whenever i unplug my xbox and plug it back in it goes through the xbox intro and than goes to a black screen. it will still load xbox games. if i connect the ethernet cable it still dosn't work. however if i put in a game such as splinter cell and wait untill it gets to the menu screen where you have the option of downloading levels,(the xbox has established an internet connection) than turn the xbox off and start it up without the game it works. and it continues to work even after i unplug the ethernet cable. but as soon as i unplug the power again and plug it in it dosn't work. for some reason i think it only works once it has established an internet connection or ip adress and when you unplugg the power it resets. if anyone can tell me how this happned or how to fix it that would be great. kruepimp1@hotmail

Thank you

2. thepiskur

thepiskur Member

but only if i leave it unplugged for over a minute

3. thepiskur

thepiskur Member

OK i fixed it but i had to completely uninstall the softmod and the ms dashboard. than i ran the splinter cell exploit to get to the installer so i could set up an FTP. than i transferred a copy of ms dash from my pc to the empty c drive and than completely redid the softmod using SID4.5. basically i turned my xbox back to a retail version and then re-modded it. what a pain.