1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlock code for sony ericsson K800i - **NO Email addresses**

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by kibz97, May 8, 2007.

1. salami1

salami1 Guest

Yes by IMEI and the lock data and model. (Every lock has unique unlock code).

Yes it's not very smart to post IMEI just on every forum they can be abused. Changing IMEI on some phones is very difficult (never impossible) and sometimes really easy. So criminals can use these IMEI's to program into phones they use for criminal activities and then they can never be caught (via the phone).

If you have a lot of phones maybe you should go by a shop for quantity they often offer discounts. I can't really offer discount on our service as we are now cheapest on the net already (as far as I know for unlock by IMEI service)

Best regards,

2. salami1

salami1 Guest

Hi,

No worries we will deliver you the unlock code(s) + instruction on how to enter the code (6 easy steps).

We have had a couple cases (I think it has been 3 in total now) where the unlock code did not seem to work but after a review it always ended up being the client gave us the wrong info (wrong lock data).

So as long as the data is correct our codes are also.

With best regards,

3. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

this is quite funny, i was considering unlocking a phone using your website salami1, and if it worked i'd unlock 3 more atleast. and if you supported nokia then i'd get 4 extra phones unlocked. but i converted the euro cost to gbp and it turned out your service actually costs 86 pence extra per phone than what my network is charging. any chance of a much cheaper service? around £5 per phone?

do you lose data such as contacts or installed items when you unlock?

how times can you enter an incorrect code before it locks?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  4. salami1

salami1 Guest

Hi,

then you provider is really cheap, normal provider prices are around 80 - 150 euros. I think the ones for which you asked your code are older then a year then? Then they should be actually free.

I can't make it any cheaper anyway.

Entering an unlock code won't make you loose any data. Yes you only have a number of tries for the codes. It differs a bit but just to be sure never do 3 wrong attempts.

Best regards,

5. Phil272

Phil272 Member

Well I ordered from Salami1's site on Friday afternoon and this morning (Sunday) the code pitched up in my in-box. After a bit of confusion as to whether I should push the joystick left or down (!) I got to put the supplied code in and it worked a treat!! My K800i now happily accepts my O2 sim.

T-Mobile quoted me £15 to do this but wanted to snail mail it to me and could take up to 28 days!! Salami1's worked out at £16.33 but I got it in less than 2 days and I don't think it being done properly can be done a lot cheaper. (bloke on the local market quoted £15 and he'd need the phone for an hour...now think he was going to flash the firmware rather than get the code!!)

So, Salami1's, at the current £/euro exchange rate may be slightly more expensive, but the service was good and the code worked...and even better news is I got a refund of the full £3.99 from the site I tried first who just gave me the instructions on flashing the firmware myself.

Phil

6. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

ok, i've been persuaded that it's a reliable service. great! :-D

the nokias are fairly old, they're 6630s. as for se, they're the very common and boring k800is.

the thing was i wanted a cheap unlock not because i NEEDED an unlocked phone, i already have one. it was because the other networks support features which my old unlocked phone (sagem x5-2) doesn't support. example the 6630 has a feature called push to talk which vodafone supports and neither my sagem nor my network supports it. my network doesn't even know what it is apparently.

so basically i wanted a cheap unlock for access to more features on my phone really, i would really like to know how it's possible to generate these codes using imei and <**< thing lol.

isit legal?!?

you know on the website, it lists things like 3 uk and voda uk under phone model, why?

when i do <**< i get the lock information, the lock i can select using the select button. what happens when you click it, i'm too scared to try it incase i lock my phone permanently lol (i'm just getting info, not unlocking, atleast not yet, knowledge is power! :-D)

7. Phil272

Phil272 Member

You can't generate codes for the K800i, the codes are installed by SE at build time, I'm assuming that they charge the likes of the phone operators and salami1 a fee to get the unlock codes for a particular IMEI number.

The only other way is the rather more risky 'firmware flash' which is what you'll get if you opt for the cheaper options, and those instructions are free if you search enough!

8. salami1

salami1 Guest

actually nothing to add on phil's comment he is 100% correct.

Codes aren't generated (I explained this in previous post also) they are pre-programmed and saved in a big database.

The difference on selecting a model or one of the specials is the way we obtain the codes.

Sometimes there are direct contacts with the operators (e.g. Voda UK) and we can offer unlock codes cheaper no matter the phone model.

Example;
    K850i = 25 euros
    But if your K850i is locked on Voda UK it will only cost you 15 euro to get the unlock code. That is why they are 'specials' :)

9. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

this information is out of my league lol too hard. ok, so you don't generate codes. sorry, so how do you have access to this database then? do you ring the networks each time or something?

but i'm soooooooo sure network 3 said
    1) provide them with imei,
    2) pay £15
    3) they give the cash to ---unknown--- to GENERATE the code!

i'm not saying your wrong salami1, just saying. the only difference from your service is that

1) provide imei
    2) select phone
    3) select lock
    4) pay x amount of euros

i guess 3 don't know what they're talking about then. isit the same with all phones or just se? (the lock during manufacture)

hmmm... i do recall initially asking them to unlock nokias...

i'm, not gonna get my phones flashed. that's the last thing i want. i am hoping to get my hands on a new se such as w910i or w960i for their mega bass feature :) but i'm a bit concerned if it will be as strong as the cd players considering it's a phone. anyway i might not get my phones unlocked, just buy a new one.

i know this is completely irrelevent but does anyone know how to use the a2dp feature, it stands for bluetooth stereo. i think your supposed to be able to play music to bluetooth enabled sound systems. i just dunno how to do it. my mate had a phone which just said something like play via bluetooth but mine doesn't say that and according to se website, it supports a2dp

btw, i checked my phone model (k800i) vs special (3 uk) and the special is actually costing 5 euros more and due to currency exchange, i have to pay 93p more instead of the 86p :p

i probably buy it when the euro to gbp becomes really cheap and less than £15 lol

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  10. lenoobe

lenoobe Member

mine costs $199 US to unlock. :(

11. salami1

salami1 Guest

haha no we don't ring the network for the codes..
    We have suppliers for this also, and how it goes from there does not matter..

As for 3 telling you they 'generate' the codes.. this is just some guy from support who is probably a part time student or something and it's just easy to say then to explain to a customer yes we have a huge database where we have another company lookup your unlock code.

And yes Nokia codes ARE generated with a algo a security certificate and IMEI + operator info.

@lenoobe
    yes that is what I mean and that is why we are very cheap ;)

Best regards,

12. Phil272

Phil272 Member

just to pick up on daacekins query about A2DP which allows steoreo bluetooth comms...I don't believe you have to set anything up, if the device you connect to can also use it then thats how they will communicate - you have no control over it.

I have a k800i and a sony head unit in my car that can talk via bluetooth, I simply pair it with the phone and it streams in stereo, I guess the same would apply for BT stereo headphones. If the phone wasn't A2DP enabled then it would still stream music but in mono.

Phil

13. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

ok thanks phil, you answered the question by saying pair the device. i wanted to use it in a bluetooth car stereo too thanks.

salami1, the person i spoke to was higher in rank as i was forwarded to one person to someone higher in command who gave me the info, just so you know.

199 dollars! now i see your point!

also did you know the i at the end of phones names such as k900i stand for international. example you get k800c too which is china version with no front camera. that's why if you look at k800i features on se site, it says no video calling (in the phone comparison section)

but i have a problem. when i sent files to phones via bluetooth i notice it sends at 15kb/s (k800i to k800i)so if i was to stream a 320kbps mp3 file, doesn't it mean 305 kbps will be lost and only stream at 15kbps which means rubbish sound quality???

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  14. Phil272

Phil272 Member

Ok, don't know the scientific reasons but the sound quality is very good! (if it was at 15kbps then it would definately be noticable), could be down to how quickly the receiving k800i can accept the data (ie 15kbps) whereas sending via A2DP to a head unit is a lot quicker.

Phil

15. salami1

salami1 Guest

320 Kbps = 320 kiloBITS per second

you are talking about 15 kiloBYTE per seconds when you transfer a file.

byte = 8 bits so

320 / 8 = 40 KB/s
    thus so yes you will probably loose some quality, BUT transferring a file is probably done using a TCP protocol which means there is error checking involved to make sure file gets there 100% ok (which is a lot slower).

Streaming is done using UDP protocol and that means no checking is done, and every 'data packet' is send without acknowledgement so this is faster. (And then when packages are lost the music / video will distort a little)

Best regards

16. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

ok thanks guys for clearing it up for me. i thought kbps meant kilobyte. seemed wrong when i tried to calculate an estimated files size for 128kbps file for 5 mins and ended up with approx 37.5mb when actual was only 10mb

60 secs x 5 mins = 300 secs

128kbps x 300 secs = 38400 kilobytes

38400 divided by 1024 = 37.5mb

which is way out.

my songs are usually encoded at 128kbps which mean i lose 1kb of data and sometimes are 192kbps (all wma) which mean i can lose 9kb which isn't too bad.

so overall, currently having a cassette player and using a wired adapter is BETTER then purchasing a bluetooth car player

17. sanmy

sanmy Member

Hi Guys:
    I have a Sony ericsson K800i and i would like to unlock it, the imei number is 35342701-835732-5-12 with t-movile it will be great if someone can give me the unlock code. Answer here or sen me an e-mail to sanmy91@gmail.com.

Thanks

18. Phil272

Phil272 Member

Have you read any of this thread!!??!!

No one will simply give you a code...you need a specific code for your IMEI number, which can only be gotten from SE at a cost.

i suggest you give Salami1's SE site a go...its 20euros, takes a couple of days to get and as long as you give him the right info then the code will work. (or you can flash the phones firmware but you might end up with a brick)

19. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

about that bluetooth thing, my 6630 sends approx 44kb/s to k800i which is just under 3 times the speed of k800i. why can k800i recieve 44kb/s but can only send 15kb/s???

EDIT: my laptop sends 30kb/s to phone via infra red!!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  20. daacekin

daacekin Regular member

ok guys i need your help regarding unlocking. i'm really keen on getting a w910i cheap preferrably, which means i'll need to get a simlocked one. can you unlock any uk network or any worldwide network for example if i get it shipped from another country?