1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlock Sony Ericsson W300i

Discussion in 'Sony phones' started by aaabbb, Nov 6, 2006.

1. powellk31

powellk31 Member

Found a place that recon they can unlock the W200i, but not too sure as everybody else, is saying it cannot be done. And they are charging £15.00. This sounds abit much, compared to everything else.

2. Indi4783

Indi4783 Member

3. powellk31

powellk31 Member

The w200i had been unlock, they are http://www.gsm-support.co.uk/, but had to post my mobile to them. They did say you will definitly need the cable. So in my experience the Sony Ericsson W200i cannot be unlocked remotely.

Cheers

4. frank0123

frank0123 Member

OK U GUYS SHOULD KNOW THIS BUT MY SE W300I IS DEFINETLY UNLOCKABLE BY JUST A CODE! U DONT HAVE TO HAVE A CABLE AT ALL, ALL U HAVE TO HAVE IS A NCK NUMBER TO UNLOCK IT! A way to (un)lock your cell phone on to the network(subset):
    1. Press <**<
    2. Then on the display appear and give you two choices: Lock to Network ? and Lock to Network subset? (Use arrow keys to select)
    3. Enter the NCK number (code is provided by the SP)
    4. You have 5 attemps to do this
    5. Then your cell phone will work 'only' with the network
    Warning: The Service Provider (SP) Lock menu is used to lock the cell phone to the SP's SIM card. Once the cell phone is locked to a specific operator, if one inserts a SIM card from a different operator the phone will refuse to accept it! The cell phone will however accept another SIM card from the same operator. To activate/deactivate this lock one needs a special secret code that is not available to the end user. Your phone can be locked to a service provider FOREVER by doing this! If an invalid code is entered all five times, the menu will exit and be deactivated! Any further attempt to activate the NCK/NSCK lock Menu will result in the response "Not allowed"! However the NCK/NSCK lock can be recover through a direct clearing in the EEPROM.

BUT THE PROBLEM IS I DONT HAVE THE NCK NUMBER TO UNLOCK AND I DONT THINK THE SP WILL TELL ME SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANYBODY WOULD KNOW THE NCK NUMBER IF ANYBODY CAN HELP ME LET ME KNOW I WOULD BE VERY APPRECAISTEIVE OF THIS THANKS SO MUCH BY THE WAY MY IMEI IS
    35295201109026904 AND MY SP IS ''XE MOBILE'' IF U KNOW ANYTHING ALSO EMAIL ME AT ***email removed***

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  5. sjunior11

sjunior11 Member

Did u get any help on this ?
    Let me now about that, i have the same problem :S

6. frank0123

frank0123 Member

NO I NEVER GOT ANY HELP WITH THAT I THINK THE NCK NUMBER HAS TO BE GIVEN BY THE SERVICE PROVIDER, AND THEY WONT DO THAT SOOO I DONT KNOW SORRY I COULDNT BE MORE OF A HELP, ILL LET U KNOW IF I EVER GET ANYTHING.

7. jduncan19

jduncan19 Guest

I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH SONY ERIKSSON. CINGULAR GAVE ME MY CODE AND I ACCESSED THE MENU BY

1)LEFT ** LEFT : LEFT IS THE LEFT SIDE OF CIRCULAR KEYPAD
    dO THIS FAST BEFORE CAMERA COMES ON. YOU WILL COME TO A MENU THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS:

PERSONALIZE

NETWORK
    NETWORK SUBSET
    SP
    CORPORATE

CHOOSE NETWORK AND YOU SHOULD SEE NIC WHICH IS WHERE YOU ENTER THE 16 DIGIT CODE

8. frank0123

frank0123 Member

THATS GOOD AND ALL BUT WE ARE STILL LOOK FOR THE SPCK/NCK NUMBER SO IT CAN BE UNLOCKED IF ANYBODY KNOWS IT OR KNOWS HOW TO GET IT THATD BE GREAT AND EMAIL ME ***email removed***

9. jduncan19

jduncan19 Guest

This is the nic number that worked for me that I got from Cingular/AT&T: 6976693877165873

I have no clue if this works for all w300i phones or it's customer specific.

10. frank0123

frank0123 Member

No I dont think that works for otheres, just that service provider but thats great, thanks, people that have that provider will appreciate ur post, thanks again

11. designerm

designerm Member

Did they ask why you needed the number? What did you tell them?

12. jduncan19

jduncan19 Guest

I told them I was going to EDurope and wanted to be able to buy a sim to use while there.

13. frank0123

frank0123 Member

thats a good idea i can try that

14. jduncan19

jduncan19 Guest

Just wanted to add I went to a friends today and put a chip in my phone from Telia in Sweden and it worked fine. When I tried to dial my home it wanted me to use country code etc as it recognized it as a call from Sweden.

15. smallfry9

smallfry9 Member

I have a Sony Ericcson W300i that I would like to unlock because I have a att sim card which it will not recognize wile it is locked under cingular. I can get to the menu that says

PERSONALIZE

NETWORK
    NETWORK SUBSET
    SP
    CORPORATE

But when I choose NETWORK and enter the code 6976693877165873 it doesn't work. You call it the nic number but on my phone it asks for a NCK number when I click on NETWORK or NSCK number if I click on NETWORK SUBSET. Can anyone help me to unlock this phone without having to send it away. All I want is to have it work with an ATT sim card.

16. Krissart

Krissart Member

Hi guys,

I just called my provider and they gave me my NCK number, my phone is now unlocked... yet the reason i unlocked it was to set mp3s as ringtones, and i still can't do that!
    Whats going on?

Thanks!
    K.

17. frank0123

frank0123 Member

what at xe mobile? let me know thanks

18. Vargan

Vargan Member

You need to flash the phone with XS++ it worked for me

19. LUFC1919

LUFC1919 Member

You need to flash the phone with XS++ it worked for me[/quote]

So can you please tell us how you did that, and which files you used ?

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007
  20. Bz_girl

Bz_girl Member

Hey, me and my nephew just both got two brand new sony ericsson w300i from Chetumal (a small town in Mexico) in the Yucatan peninsula (where the hurricane, dean, just hit. Well we live in Belize, a small country just south of Chetumal in the Caribbean. Well we have taken the phones to all of the major phone companies here and no one could unlock it. So if anyone out there has the code PLEASE!!!!! give me it. Thanx in advance. :-D