1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNLOCK V551/ FLASH

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by edmoney, Mar 27, 2005.

1. edmoney

edmoney Member

I am stationed overseas. I bought my V551(with Cingular settings)unlocked and tried to edit it with P2k Tools. My phonebook didn't work so I tried to take my phone back to it's originaal state with the moster pack. My pohne is now locked to Cingular and asks for a subsidy code. I tired to put a code in maybe more than 5 times. It still asks for a password. I want to reflash it with the V547 software but don't know if it will lock it to the italian network or it will still be locked to cingular. I tried to call cingular but, since I don't have an account with them they can't provide the password. Neither could Motorola because it's locked by Cingular. The next step in contacting the place where I bought the phone from. Here are my questions:

1. Will the phone work as normal if I flash it again with the monster pack and get it unlocked?

2. Can I flash it with a different monster pack and unlock it?

Thanks
    Locked Up Sergeant

2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

the phone will work normal after the monster pack but it wont get unlocked,,, and there is no monster flash will unlcok ur fone, so the only option u have is to check with some website to unlock ur fone, and it will cost $20.......

3. edmoney

edmoney Member

Thanks, I'm trying to find someone now to unlock it.

4. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

no problem at all....