1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unlock with "calculated password''?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by teroenza, Jun 11, 2007.

1. teroenza

teroenza Member

Hello all,
    I mistakenly locked a computer HDD I was going to use in my xbox in xboxhdm. I used the live info tool to get a "calculated password" and entered it manually in xboxhdm in both the linux and DOS areas. It is still locked. Can someone help me?
    Thanks
    -ter

2. teroenza

teroenza Member

I was unable to unlock it through the xboxhdm 1.9's DOS based utility atapwd.exe and the master password XBOXSCENE.

-ter

3. obcd007

obcd007 Member

Hi,

if you still have the password, unlock it with that password.

if you don't have the password anymore, connect the locked disk as slave or secundary to another computer and let liveinfo calculate the password for it. Make sure you select the right harddisk this time. Also make sure you use the same eeprom.bin file contents.

So you will need liveinfo on the other computer and the eeprom.bin file on the other computer.

I really can't think of a better method.
    Manually entering the password is not a good practice. If you mistype a letter, you are in trouble. There also exist dos tools to unlock a harddisk. They run from a floppy and backup the typed password in a file on that floppy. So as long as you don't run the locking program more than once, you are ok. Xboxhdm requires the xbox harddisk to be the master disk on the primary ide controller. It is best to disconnect the pc harddisk. It is not needed and you can't mess it up if you disconnect it.

regards and luck.

4. teroenza

teroenza Member

Thank you very much! I was able to get it.
    Now I just need to figure out what exploit to do. :)
    Thanks
    -ter