1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlocked iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone - Unlocking and hacking' started by Vicious88, May 31, 2011.

1. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

I'm test driving a buddy of mine's old iPhone 3G 16GB before I decide to buy it off of him.

I don't know a whole lot about jailbreaking / unlocking phones, but when I put the SIM card from my Nokia E71 (from Straight Talk) into it, I was able to make and receive calls using my number (so I guess it's already jailbroke or unlocked).

But no matter what I tried I cannot connect to the internet: "Could not activate cellular data network".

My Nokia uses my unlimited Straight Talk plan which has unlimited text talk and data, so I'm fairly sure it's not something plan-related.

Is there any way for me to get my data connection on this iPhone?

If not:

Should I look into another model of iPhone or perhaps an android phone of some kind? (The main reason I'm looking to upgrade my phone at all is because I really need TeamViewer on my phone. iPhone and Adroid can do it, but the Symbian OS can't.)

2. ZeusAV

ZeusAV Member

Go into the Settings and make sure you have Cellular Data Network enabled. Also make sure 3G is turned off.

3. Vicious88

Vicious88 Regular member

Does it matter that my current phone supports and uses 3G for it's data connection? Or will switching to the iphone mean sacrificing that?

UPDATE (6/1/2011 - 2:18 CST (-6 GMT)):

I tried changing the settings you suggested. It did not help.

This issue is still unresolved. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  4. GBX_Lee

GBX_Lee Regular member

Well, why not just order a GeveyPass to unlock your iphone?
    Just need call 112 once then it would automatically unlock your iPhone 4.
    But it would take a while since it's from China.
    Check this site,that's where I got mine.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
  5. KaranShah

KaranShah Member

I had the same prob . but when I called my service provider they said that Iphones n Blackberry's have diff. internet plans than all other phones ...!! n they all were stupidly very costly ..!!! Grrrr..... all I cud do was return the the icrap ...!!!
    You can call your service provider n ask them about the plans ...