1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlocking my Phone

Discussion in 'Other mobile phones' started by scoonie32, May 4, 2005.

1. scoonie32

scoonie32 Member

So I recently got rid of my LG lx5550 phone. Didn't really like it and no camera! which sucks. So I'm opting to get a new camera phone. I'm looking to get the motorola v265. The is a CDMA phone and my provider is alltel. I want to get a phone on ebay cuz they are the cheapest there. The only problem is all of the phones on ebay are verizon phones. I need to unlock this so it can be carried by alltel. Can anyone tell me how to do this...(I think I know, I think I just need an unlock code, but tell me if I'm wrong) and if this is the way to do it could someone hook my up with and unlock code that will work? Thanks a lot

2. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

I think you need the correct SIM card for your phone to work with your provider.

3. Gmini400

Gmini400 Member

well ifyou are still looking for unlocking a phone that is cdma...not gsm you would have to buy the phone and go to the wireless provider and they'll either give you the unlock codes and make you figure it out or they will lunlock it. but I remember buyng a phone that also was on verizons service and i wanted it on a surewest service but they couldnt unlock the phone for some weird reason. it was something to do with the fact they didnt know if it was stolen or what i think. but if you want to try it go ahead. but make sure you can return it if verzon doesnt unlock it