1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlocking Nokia 7600

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by Discmania, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Can anyone tell me the cheapest and most effective way of unlocking the 7600 in UK? Thanks. Actually I have an unlock calculator. However my phone is locked to the three network in uk but there is no option for this network in the calculator. Does 3 use the O2 network?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  2. peter7600

peter7600 Guest

there is no actual cheap way of doing it the only way you can do it is by re-installing the proper GSM software, when the phones are made hutchinson 3G remove all the GSM software so it is harder to access the standard networks available today.
    i unlocked my phone at a local market for £20 he reinstalled all the software and put the latest versions on for me the only downer to it is you lose all the phones memory, phone nos and videos etc but you can easily overcome this by using the backups software provided by nokia this makes a backup copy of everthing in the phone so you can reinstate it when you get the phone back yours, peter culley

3. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I found the way by accessing a site that provides the unlocking codes. It worked first time I entered the correct code. Also that way it is free. Unfortunately I've forgotten the site (now don't swear....) but you should find it by doing a google search for unlocking Nokia phones uk. Good luck.

4. kyiz

kyiz Guest

plez help me iv jus bought the fone and need help unlockin it.can ne 1 help

5. Discmania

Discmania Active member

6. vato_loco

vato_loco Regular member

hey all!

i have done a little research on the unlocking.. but why would you unlock a phone, what can u do with a unlocked phone, why do ppl do unlocking

thanks

VatoZ

7. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Because you can then use any SIM card you like, and are not tied to any particular network. In the UK most mobile phones are tied or locked to a particular network (SIM free phones are very expensive), so you may like the phone but prefer a different network. The only way to do this is to unlock the phone. It also means you can use the phone anywhere abroad by buying a local SIM card.

8. bigfish69

bigfish69 Member

I unlocked my nokia 7600 3G phone last week through a guy on ebay the cost was 1.99 pounds. It worked first time.

Be careful using the code generators as the phone only gives 5 trys before it locks out, then its a trip to dodgy dave at the market for the 20quid GSM software fix.

I cannot remember who it was but a search on ebay under unlock nokia 7600 should get it. (I cannot get onto ebay in work to get the link sorry).

9. Discmania

Discmania Active member

If you go to my link above you won't pay anything.

10. Mattsh102

Mattsh102 Member

Is there a way to unlock american cell phones

11. kovoor

kovoor Member

Does anybody know if you can unlock contract phones (often you get them for free with a rental price), so to have to pay nothing except for the unlocking fee??

Reply...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  12. Discmania

Discmania Active member

What is the point in unlocking a contract phone? You automatically miss out on the free minutes.

13. jim77777

jim77777 Member

ATTENTION DISCMANIA!

I have a 7250i which i wish to unlock. i got the code off the site you suggested, i just need to know where i type in this code. i.e in settings or off main screen.

thanks

14. rafigold

rafigold Regular member

the site i used to generate codes (no charge)http://unlock.nokiafree.org recommended taking the SIM out, then switching on the phone and thensimply enter the code #pw+..... "Phone restriction off" will then pop up on the screen, or "code not accepted" if the code is wrong

15. jim77777

jim77777 Member

do yiu actually have to type the #pw+(code)? i can type # but only numbers thereafter! Excuse my ignorance.

16. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Jim77777: If you go back to the site there is a thread that will tell you what to do. Anyway to enter the PW and + use the star key and the numbers as you normally would to dial. Make sure it is exactly right before entering the last digit.

17. rafigold

rafigold Regular member

Discmania is correct. You need to keep pushing the * key to get a "p" or "w" and you only get 5 go's before the phone locks so be careful to enter the whole code excactly right.

the site in my last post also provides instructions as to how to enter the code.