1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unlocking of Nokia 6030

Discussion in 'Nokia - Unlocking' started by ngmelissa, Mar 7, 2007.

1. ngmelissa

ngmelissa Member

Hi,

I have a Nokia 6030b from T-Mobile (USA) which is currently locked. I'm wondering if (1) it is possible to have it unlocked, and (2) if this is legal or not.

Note: I'm not sure what the IMEI is, but when I press *#06# on my mobile, it says "serial no." and gives me a string of 15 nos.

The details of my phone are as follows:

Nokia 6030b
    V5.24
    16-08-06
    RM-225
    Serial no.: 011125003212141
    Operator: T-Mobile

Any advice/information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

2. NoLimit04

NoLimit04 Active member

It's legal but we can't do RM-225 models. Only T-Mobile can give you the code.

3. ngmelissa

ngmelissa Member

Thanks very much for your very quick response! I suppose I'll have to ask T-mobile then. :)

4. NoLimit04

NoLimit04 Active member

Good Luck!!

Maybe saying you're going to Canada for school would help out a lot. They still might require that you have active service with them for 90 days before giving the code.

5. ngmelissa

ngmelissa Member

Thanks for the advice!

I'm actually currently in Asia now, and my pre-paid T-mobile apaprently does not have roaming access! Hence I needed the unlock code to be able to use another operator's sim card. I've emailed to ask, and hopefully they are understanding enough to help me out (cos it hasn't been 90 days yet). :)

6. NoLimit04

NoLimit04 Active member

What country are you in within Asia because if the 6030 is from the USA, it might not support the frequency in your area. It's only a dual band phone which is GSM 850/1900 MHz 850 MHz is rarely used so all of this may be useless for you even if you do get it unlocked. If I know where you are, I can let you know if you'll be set or not for it to work there.

7. ngmelissa

ngmelissa Member

I'm in Singapore right now.
    Oh dear... this is such a hassle. I wish everyone would switch to the same frequency.

8. NoLimit04

NoLimit04 Active member

All they have there is GSM 900/1800 MHz so the phone will be useless there even after it was unlocked. You need a tri band or quad band phone that will be capable of all frequencies. The tri band would at least allow the 1800 but the quad would allow 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

9. ngmelissa

ngmelissa Member

Oh gosh. So it's pretty much useless except for in the States I suppose?
    Thanks for much for the info. Saves me the trouble of trying to get T-mobile then.

10. NoLimit04

NoLimit04 Active member

Yes, it will only be good in all areas that has GSM 1900 MHz. USA, Canada and others but not where you are and you're welcome. Sorry for the bad news but just thought I would save you from buying a sim and finding out that you have no signal.

11. ngmelissa

ngmelissa Member

Thanks alot. I really appreciate it. I think it's really nice of you to be helping people here. :)

I'm a little surprised cos I know that they sell the same phone here. Didn't realise the phone's operating frequencies will be different in different parts of the world.

Thanks again!

12. NoLimit04

NoLimit04 Active member

Yes, they sell the same phone there and it will also be dual band but it will only work with GSM 900/1800 MHz

USA version of the 6030 will only work with GSM 850/1900 MHz

If you buy one from there, just keep them both so when you visit back in the states, you'll have a phone for here and you'll have a phone for other parts of the world. You might have 2 phones but at least you'll be hooked up with quad band :)

You're welcome for the help also. It's no problem at all.