1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unlocking samsung x426/427??????

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by jdaonly1, Apr 11, 2005.

1. jdaonly1

jdaonly1 Member

does any1 here know how to unlock samusngs phone if u do post here or jus pm me thx

2. Dr-Hook

Dr-Hook Guest

Do you know which firmware revision you have? Is it 1.5 or 1.6 ?

3. jdaonly1

jdaonly1 Member

i hav no clue that y i need help that y m a newb with samsung i know almost everythign about enxtel but samsung or motmo m new

4. Dr-Hook

Dr-Hook Guest

on your phone press *#9999# and it will show you the revision number of your firmware.

5. jdaonly1

jdaonly1 Member

ight bro thx wat do i do after that

6. Dr-Hook

Dr-Hook Guest

you would post here what version it is ...either 1.5 or 1.6 ...the procedures are different depending on the version, that's why I was asking.

7. Burnzilla

Burnzilla Regular member

Mine is 1.5, now what. Do you also know a link to a site that will give me all the stuff i can do with my phone? It would be great if the site you give me would be for all phones since i need to upgrade in a few months. Thanks a million:)

8. DMavado

DMavado Member

9. jdaonly1

jdaonly1 Member

ight thx gota get the cable for the phone

10. DMavado

DMavado Member

Just a small undate to those using the Samsung SGH X426 and wishing to Unlock their phone...
    I tried the steps from this link :
    http://www.mobiledia.com/forum/topic13147-0-asc-10.html

It works fine...I'm from Toronto, on a Rogers Wireless plan and had my REV updated to 1.7 (although the girl on the other end had no idea how she did it???)...Someone at work on a Fido service let me toy with their phone that had a SIM card. I used "The *#9998*3323# Method" and in following the steps successfully Unlocked my phone allowing me access to her Fido account!
    So now I have saved $250.00 and a silent explaination to those greedy bastards at Rogers, saved $50.00 from Pacific Mall (a huge Asian mall with all the latest...everything)
    hmmm...$300.00 richer...what mobile will I buy now???

Thank you to the contributing user!
    Dante Mavado

11. baj39

baj39 Guest

Thanks for the update. Like you I am with Rogers and have a Samsung SGH-x426 and when I press *#9999# I get firmware 1.7 x426UXDD1. Is that what you got on yours? And you still tried the Method and got yours unlocked. Someone suggested earlier that if you have Rev above 1.5 the method will not work and may screw up your phone.
    Any advice based on your experience will be greatly appreciated.

12. DMavado

DMavado Member

Replying to baj39 -
    Call Roger's up, tell them some story as I did that the software is not functioning properly and ask them to check if there is a software update (Rev. 1.7). Then again following the pasted link from my original message in this thread and complete the steps.

Hack the Planet or just Roger's...it's a lot more fun with the Corporate heads!

DMavado

13. baj39

baj39 Guest

Hi Dante,
    Thanks a lot for this. Before I call on rogers and be placed on hold for God knows how long, could you please do me a little favor? Just punch in *#9999# on your cell (assuming you still use the same mobile)and send me an e-mail with what you see on the screen.
    Thanks again and sorry for pursuing this a little.
    Cheers

14. DMavado

DMavado Member

Attn: baj39

As follows...Rev 1.7
    X426UXDD1

P.S. Feel free to ask as much as you like. If I don't answer someone else here will!

Hack the Planet or just Roger's...it's a lot more fun with the Corporate heads!

DMavado

15. wagnerbr

wagnerbr Member

hi ... maybe i will sound stupid . I hv a x426 that i used to use it in Miami , but now I moved to Brazil and found that in brazil the gsm band is 1800 ... unfortunally this mobile is dual band 850/1900 , does anyone know how to make this work in brazil in 1800 ? maybe updating it to the x430 mobile software ? or this is hardware issue ? samsung customer service told me that this is confidential information ... so probably exists a solution ...

tks all

16. DMavado

DMavado Member

If a service provider (ie: Rogers, Fido, etc...) told you that what you were asking is confidental info then I would understand the reason behind it. If Samsung told you that then they too don't know the actual answer OR they see this issue as a concerning one where money could be of loss (ie: Selling unauthorized Samsung mobiles). I suggest you limit the amount of detail you relate to the Samsung Cust. Service because you make it harder for the rest of us to sneak behind the corp. companies and do what you are wishing to do in Brasil!!!

17. wagnerbr

wagnerbr Member

looks like u didnt get my post correctly... i searched everywhere how to make the x426 work in 1800 band, but all forums tells that if u flash to x400 x430 or to x450 (all triband) the phone will be dead. so i call brazil samsung customer service and ask support to make the phone work in 1800 , but they told that its possible , but not autorized to do it (maybe because of samsung usa ou other internal corp. rules..) , so i guess that this is not hardware issue , but till now no one found how to do it ...

18. raajoo

raajoo Member

Hi I need unlocking code for samsung X426 rev 1.6.
    my e mail address is raajooz@gmail.com

19. DMavado

DMavado Member

Msg to Raajoo,

Read through the threads to find your answer instead of posting the SAME REPEATED QUESTION!!!...what are you a newbie???...oh, never mind...you are...lol

20. raajoo

raajoo Member

Ok My friend, there it says we have to connect with something to use unlock code, is that true. We can't just unlock X426 R1.6 by codes?If we can with just unlock codes pls give the details.