1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unlocking v265

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by scoonie32, May 4, 2005.

1. scoonie32

scoonie32 Member

So I recently got rid of my LG lx5550 phone. Didn't really like it and no camera! which sucks. So I'm opting to get a new camera phone. I'm looking to get the motorola v265. The is a CDMA phone and my provider is alltel. I want to get a phone on ebay cuz they are the cheapest there. The only problem is all of the phones on ebay are verizon phones. I need to unlock this so it can be carried by alltel. Can anyone tell me how to do this...(I think I know, I think I just need an unlock code, but tell me if I'm wrong) and if this is the way to do it could someone hook my up with and unlock code that will work? Thanks a lot

2. tonyrep

tonyrep Regular member

you need the code but they only give it to the original owner(I think). you could change providers and get the phone for free.

3. fessp

fessp Member

I want to unlock my v265 phone that I have with verizon and I am not sure how to do this. I have heard that there is a code to unlock them and I have also heard that you have to call verizon to get the unlock code. If I have to call Verizon to get the unlock code what do I tell them my reason for wanting to unlock it would be?

Please help me out.
    I will very much appreciate it.

4. motodude

motodude Guest

to use verizon's service of course, if not tell them that anyway

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2005