1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNPACKING HAL 2

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by cartucho, Oct 24, 2004.

1. cartucho

cartucho Member

I have windows 98, i have a file and is 2.9 GB. When it extracts is about 4.7. I used winrar to extract it but i got an error, it says i need ntfs format or something like that to get a file bigger than 4GB into my comp. I have win 98 and i'm using fat format type. Is there any way to extract this file without having to install a new operating system that uses Ntfs. Pls Help.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  2. Cerious

Cerious Member

First off, you shouldnt be posting this stuff in here, it sounds like that this is not your backup. But for this one time ill help ;) see how big your hard drive is..Make sure your volume is big enuff for the file. My advice is to upgrade to atleast 2000 or if not better XP. however it should still work. fat volumes are alittle flaky, you actually might need to upgrade to solve this problem. Sorry if this didnt help...

3. cartucho

cartucho Member

Thanks for alll your help. I'll guess i'll have to upgrade no a newer operating system.