1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unpatched grand theft auto: liberty city stories/?/?/?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by czrone, Feb 14, 2007.

1. czrone

czrone Member

I am a super noob and have checked here for about a half hour with no luck finding the info I need. I have a GTA:LCS umd that has the "2.00" update when in the psp menu before the game is loaded. some of the post say this is a unpathched UMD, but I have also read that the correct UMD should have a red circle around the number eighteen. mine does not, it has the brown background with the image of the gun. version ULUS 10041 UPDL004850. can some professional let me know if this is the "golden Chalis" for the beginning of a very happy person, or is it just a pathched UMD.

Cheers

2. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

2.00 update?! You have the unpatched! Oh, wait. Its not. Hey, since its a patched version, want to sell it to me? Lol, just kidding. You have an unpatched version that I really want but cant find:( Well congratulations.

3. drakex

drakex Regular member

I just bought the same version he has, the one black with the Gun, so all of those versions that are original are the good ones and the ones that are Greatest hits are not good right?

4. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Well the greatest hits ones will obviously not be unpatched because those were released after the patched versions started showing up. The only versions that are unpatched are the old ones with 2.00 updates. There is no real way to tell if the disk is unpatched short of actually putting the disk in and checking the version. The reason for this is that the developer started releasing the patched versions with the exact same cover art on the box and disk. I'm not quite sure why they would make it in the first place then take such measures to try to make it difficult to obtain a copy, but they did and thats the way it is.

5. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

There all over the place. Quite common i find.

6. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

My friend in L.A. says he finds a lot around there too but I cant here.

7. drakex

drakex Regular member

So in other words there is no way to know exactly if the version I bought is the unpatched one or not?

8. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Other than putting the disk in the PSP and checking the update version, no.