1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unplayable disc error???

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by mshack1, Apr 9, 2007.

1. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

Need some advice, i have softmod 360 with latest firmware flashed.

Been running fine with back ups and originals for a few months, then today i insert original game and back up game and i get "uplayable disc" error.

Is drive bad? Do i need to reflash drive?

Help please.

2. addflash

addflash Member

Same problem is with me.Sometime i've got unplayable error and sometime dirty disc error with all my backups.I m using verbatim and Ridisc media.I m getting this problem since 1 week.

3. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

I'm getting unplayable with backups and originals, also dvd movies as well. Seems like after a year, the laser has went out and i've already ordered a replacement for $20.

4. addflash

addflash Member

I think u are right the lens went out after the year and half.I tried clean the lens with dvd laser lens cleaner but no joy.I ma out of warranty now i m thinking of buy the lens from ebay might be that can help,but the thing is i dont know how to swap the lens.Any suggestions?

5. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

Here is directions

http://www.360mods.net/News/article/sid=92.html

6. addflash

addflash Member

Thanks for link mate.Now i am thinking about three things,but i m not sure which one is good idea for me,so please advice me as my xbox360 samsung ms25 drive is not playing original and backup games,but strange thing is whenever i put Hitman bloodmoney game which i've bought from malaysia,the drive load this game wonderfully on first try no problem at all.So my choices are:

1.buy a new laser lens from ebay.

2.http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xbox-360-DVD-Drive-Samsung-ms25-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ110112457624QQcategoryZ112846QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWINQ3aPOST0Q3aRECOQ3aBIDQQcmdZViewItem

3.Wait for new xbox360 elite and buy that one.(by da way any idea what is release date fro xbox elite in europe)