1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unreadable disk

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by xvillain, Nov 7, 2007.

1. xvillain

xvillain Member

I have just finished modding my little cousins xbox360 with no problems, however for some reason only two of my backups play in his xbox and the other three dont. They all have been burned at 2.4x and I am using Verbatim DVD+R DL. They all work fine on my xbox, could it be his drive? Thanks in advance

2. steimy

steimy Active member

could be the drive if you have different one's. Also could be the firmware. Like if yours is older (before ixtreme) and will play non stealth copies and his is new and won't.

3. xvillain

xvillain Member

Both of them are hitachi 59 and both are flashed with
    ixtreme 1.2_rev2. The weird thing is that my backups that work on both systems are the ones that I used with a 5pack of Verbatims, but the ones that work on mine only are the ones I burned with a 20pack. I dnt think that matters though.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

If they were the same tyep of discs in both packs then it really shouldn't matter, But your laser may just be a little better than his causing his not to read some of them. Personally i have a sammy in mine and it pretty much has read everything. And i only use the 20 pack verbatim type of discs.

5. Memnock

Memnock Active member

If it's a Hitachi 59 that means it's over a year old and highly possible to have a weak laser. So yes his laser is probably just weaker than yours. It's been my experience that the all pre-0078 Hitachis are prone to having laser issues.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007