1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unreadable Media Advise

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by bbmayo, Dec 16, 2004.

1. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hi all,
    I just wanted to share a little info to you all. First of all I have around 20 to 30 original DVD's that where damaged in the desert (Iraq) I mean these things look really bad. I have been trying to back these up to no end. I have tried every setting in every proggy out there. I have tried every way possible to clean these puppy's and still no luck. :-(
    Well now the good news. If you plan on backing up a lot of DVD's I would recommend spending the $50 for the electric SKIPDr. I am telling you now this thing works :) I couldnt believe how good it works. What it actually does atleast from what I can tell is it actually resurfaces the disk. I have been able to back up 21 out of 21 of my DVD's that I took to the desert with out one hickup yet after running them threw my new investment SkipDr. This was the best $50 I ever spent!! I bought the other supose to be repair/cleaners for $20 and they never worked, and I didnt really feel like spending $50 for this, but I tell you now I am happy I did :)
    Anyway I just thought I would let you all know if you can't get a disk to rip to your hard drive after trying everything under the moon then you might want to invest in Motorized SkipDr.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

3. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

4. Divinus

Divinus Guest

Ohh... kick ass bbmayo, thanks. I was looking for something like this.

I had a neighbor that used to borrow movies from me and being the bumhole he was he didn't return many of them, but the ones he did return his evil satanic children mutilated to no end. I may try this on my Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions, which his kids turned into a frisbee.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I also just saw this @ Amazon.com for $27 :-(
    I bought mine for $50, but it is still worth 100's if you ask me :)

6. tashacat

tashacat Regular member

bbmayo, you said that you had a Panasonic DMR-EH80 for a DVD player and recorder. You mentioned that you use Pro-disc 8x you said it works okay Does the 8x make it work faster and what is the exact description of the Pro-disc 8x.
    Thanks!

7. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Perfect info bbmayo, I just ordered mine here: http://singclean.com/skipdr.htm $36.99 after s&h I am glad I held out for your latest post, saved me quite a few bucks. Maybe now I can backup the rest of my Jenna J collection - lol. 3 of them giving me crc errors. Thanks

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Yeah you probably got something on them ;-p