1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unrecognised disc! Backup Hell! Where am i goin wrong?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by J_Bhoy, Oct 12, 2007.

1. J_Bhoy

J_Bhoy Member

I've burned 3 different downloaded games( All pal or regoin free) 3 times each on verbatim DVD+R DL discs using a PIONEER DVDRW DVR-K16 burner with clone cd. But all I get is unrecognised disc when attempting to boot. Thats 9 out of my 10 discs useless as coasters. I've only 1 left. Where am i going wrong? (flashed with Ixtereme firmware from local shop gametex)

The helps much appreciated guys!

2. adjey

adjey Member

use img burn its a free download.burn at x2.4.make sure latest firmware on your burner.set booktype on imgburn to dvd rom.to do this right click on your destination drive on imgburn.hope this helps.

3. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Do know know anyone with a flashed drive and playing working backups? It would help, because way you could see if your burnt games work on his drive and vice versa.

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Googled your drive and it seems many have had problems with it reading and writing. Have you tried updating the firmware for the burner?

5. J_Bhoy

J_Bhoy Member

My drive is in a HP Laptop so the firmware i got wont update it. Apparently it has to be firmware from HP. I,ve googled it but cant find anything. One thing i did notice was that when i checked the backups using imgburn it said it was ntsc even tho the games have no regoin or r pal?

P.S. Tried imgburn but it didnt work. Dont know any1 with a flashed drive. Goin to buy sum copied games today from the barras 2 c if they work. Will keep u posted.

Thanks for the help guys!!!!

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

When I searched your drive, a few links on the first page dealt with those drives in HP laptops.

7. Memnock

Memnock Active member

This site has firmware for practically every DVD drive every made. Many people here might want to bookmark it. Look under Pioneer and laptop DVD recorders and a firmware update for your drive is there. I don't see why it wouldn't update. You make have to do it in safe mode. Keep us posted.

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php#O

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  8. pilferd

pilferd Regular member

make sure when u load ur game - make sure ur clicking the .DVD file not the .iso file

make sure the layer break is set to 1,913,760

click the book icon on the bottom right corner of the ImgBurn program and select ur drive, click the "Change for" drop down menu and select DL media, then select "DVD-Rom" from the New Setting drop down menu ... click the "Change" button ... click OK on the popup window then Ok on the book type menu - burn the game ...

if you did this exactly as i said, ur burner is updated and your game still doesnt work then your 360 probably isnt flashed properly ...

(or the game is crap, but if u downloaded a scene rls then this probably isnt the case)

9. J_Bhoy

J_Bhoy Member

Downloaded the firmware but when I start the update it comes up an error saying "available target not found". I've googled it and it appears that this error is due to the drive being in a laptop.

My laptop is a hp pavilion dv5235ea.

Any ideas?

Thanks again!

10. pilferd

pilferd Regular member

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  11. vipier

vipier Guest

hi, if you guys of could help it would save me lotz time and money.ive gone through lots of discs and i've read alot.i've got the same burner the pioneer dvr-k16. I cant find firmware for it. im using imgburn, ive used blindwrite and roxie. im using hp dvd+r dl discs. at first i was just burning the .iso file but then i found out i need to burn the .dvd file also. what firmware do you guys use for the 360. i have a hitachi ver. 059. any help would b awsome. thanks

12. Ginger007

Ginger007 Member

I looked around at this error message and people who had it found out that their drive was a different model letter and needed different firmware; hence the target not found message. They got their's here:

http://tdb.rpc1.org/#DVRK16

Most of the computers listed are laptops!

Secondly I alos found errors about using this burner with Nero...

Good luck.

13. vipier

vipier Guest

well when i look in device manager it says PIONEER DVDRW DVR-K16 ATA DEVICEN
    Its on a HP DV5000. ive just tried to use xbox backup creator with imsburn, and i still get the Unrecognised disc message. i burn the .dvd and i set the layer break to 1913760. i cant find out how to set the book type. i ve made 5 coasters now. what is the best firmware for a hitachi ver 059? which r u guys using?

14. Ginger007

Ginger007 Member

I have that drive and have flashed with Maximum-GaryOpa (no problems) and now have iExtreme 1.2rev2 (no problems).

I think if I were you, I would be tempted to but an external Pioneer burner and put it into an external case for USB burning. I did that with a spare drive I had and it worked fine. You must have spent what it would cost you in coasters already!

Good luck anyway.