1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UNRECOGNIZED DVD DISC IN PC (PLEASE HELP)

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by supils, Feb 28, 2005.

1. supils

supils Guest

I have already watched several DVD in my PC until yesterday I bought 3 new dvd movies and played in a STANDALONE DVD PLAYER and they work fine but when I tried play in my PC using POWERDVD player, it says "MEDIA NOT PRESENT". I try other DVD dics I bought a month ago and they worked fine in STANDALONE DVD PLAYER AND IN MY PC.

Is this a new DVD COPY PROTECTION? I already used DVDDECRYTER, ANYDVD AND DVDREGION CSS FREE and still cannot recognized the DISC. Any suggestion?

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

What are the titles of the ones that won't play and in what country are you?

3. supils

supils Guest

Iam from Philippine I bought these DISC from a local supplier, they said they are made in Malaysia. Titles are Last Ride, King Arthur and National Treasure

4. Nephilim

The problem is most likely the fact that they're bootlegs. I've seen quite a few folks have problems with such discs. I imagine the bootleggers aren't quite as interested in comatibility as the legitimate makers are.

What part of the Philipines are you in? My sister in law is from Bagguio :)

5. supils

supils Guest

What is bootlegs? I am from San Fernando, Pampanga.

6. Nephilim

Bootlegs are illegal copies made by smaller shops. The problems come from the fact that they use substandard equipment and substandard methods when producing their discs so incompatible discs are not unusual.

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

A mate of mine has just come back from asia well bali and brought back 150 discs.The disc quality was dubious to the degree that some of the discs were see through so a dvd couldnt read them.We found that if you re copied them to a better disc 6 out of 10 would play reasonably well but there was still some that froze.Try reburning to a more durable disc and see if that helps