1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsuccessful SecuRom Backups

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by kansas, Apr 8, 2005.

1. kansas

kansas Member

I just can't seem to get my SecuRom backups to work! All of my safedisk protected games will copy and backup perfect but I cannot for the life of me get my SecuRom protected games to work. For example, I'm attempting to backup Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and I'm using Blindwrite 5 with blindwrite tweaker, using the seetings shown in this post http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/157664 . One of my two problems is 1.) I have problems copying the topology, so to solve this I downloaded the topology file for it from www.makeabackup.com . I then copied just the game, not any topology, and burned it using the downloaded file and my backup file. It burned successfully. 2.) I put it in and tried using it but RCT3 knew it was a backup and told me to put in my original disk. D: Thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

For the life of me I cannot get Blindwrite to work for me also (so i feel you pain :(

I use Alcohol for all my protections..eg Safedisc and Securom.

HAve you tried Alcohol yet?

Let me PM -Nephilim- to help out with this situation since he's THE BEST at Securom protections and Blindwrite.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

In the basic settings for BW5 Tweaker did you have "Include Autoplay Info" checked? If not then check it and try again with the downloaded BWA. I need to amend that screenshot to include that.

4. kansas

kansas Member

I've been including it :-\ Guess the copyprotection people > me

5. Nephilim

What make/model burner do you have? In my experience SecuROM is much more hardware dependant than SafeDisc is.

6. kansas

kansas Member

The burner I'm using is the "MicroAdvantage DVD+-RW DVD & CD Rewritable Drive" Model Number:16DDVDRW-A13 I've run the two sheep test on it and it has passed it and it has made perfect copys of safedisk protected games, but the securom ones are kicking my butt hardcore.

7. Nephilim

Well your burner isn't up to the task then. I'm not a big fan of that 2 sheep test because I've seen too many folks led astray by it. No matter what the test indicates, the proof is in the pudding and your drive can't do SecuROM. Like I said before, SecuROM is very hardware dependant and only a few top notch drives are able to make working copies of it.

I think at this point your best option may be Alcohol 120% and it's emulation options.

8. OKIE

OKIE Regular member

nephilim ive read a few times when you have talk about cd burners,iam looking to buy another for my backups possibly plexter premium. i believe you have a plexter could you tell what model? i remember you saying youve had good luck with it. thanks okie.

9. Nephilim

Sure thing OKIE, I've a Plextor Premium and love it because it's always been able to give me perfect working copies of everything I've run through it. I wouldn't use anything else especially for SecuROM when coupled with BW5 :)

Here's a ink to the one I have and at $65 it's the cheapest I've ver seen them:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=27-106-236&depa=1

10. dbattler

dbattler Guest

Hi i have been looking through the forums and came across backing up cds. i followed the forum and downloaded A-Ray scanner v2.0.2.1 and Alcohol 120%. i scaned my PC game (championship manager 5) in A-Ray scanner v2.0.2.1 and got the following message...
    SecuROM 7.00.00.0039 detected -> D:\Setup\Files\CM5.exe
    Now this is were i am stuck. in Alcohol 120% i need to put in a datatype.. but what data type do i put in?? please help as this is really buggin me. im stuck!

11. Nephilim

I can tell you right now with 99.99999999999999% confidence that there's no way A120 will be able to back up SecuROM 7 without using emulation. A120 does great at SafeDisc but does terrible with SecuROM.

I've yet to try my hand at SecuROM 7 but all things considered your best shot at a working copy will be BlindWrite5 and a Plextor Premium CD burner which are a match made in heaven when it comes to SecuROM.

12. dbattler

dbattler Guest

So wha exactly do i need to back up a SecuROM 7? and sorry if this sounds stupid but how do i do it?

13. Nephilim

A successful backup of SecuROM 7 is going to depend entirely on your burner. What make/model are you using?