1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsupported audio stream-dvdsanta help!

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by woofy1, Apr 15, 2005.

1. woofy1

woofy1 Member

Hey all.
    i have been trying to put mpg movie-war of the worlds through both nero and dvdsanta.. just keeps saying unsupported audio stream..and nero will say something like mpeg4 decoding not available or nothing at all.
    i have done a few hundred movies with very few problems..anyone know whats going on here and how to help..
    thanks in advance

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Get Gspot, load the original video, find out what codec(s) it needs, download and install them.

3. woofy1

woofy1 Member

Thanks for trying..but..got gspot...ran it through..codecs n.a.
    although it does say direct show claims to be able to play this...i know media player can play it...it says the file is mpeg(mpg/.mpeg/.vob/
    even more puzzled now...help!

4. woofy1

woofy1 Member

Oh yea i forgot..everything on the right side of gspot says n.a
    and gspot says..this is an MPEG format video file..gspot currently does not support this file type.

frustrated guy here.

help

5. woofy1

woofy1 Member

Ok...thanks rebootjim..i downloaded something called nero.mega.plugin pack..and am now converting with nero vision express.
    weird thing though..DVDsanta still will say unsupported audio stream.
    at least i can convert it now..thanks for trying.

still a bit puzzled

6. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

The new Gspot can support mpeg/mpg.
    Unsupported audio means it's probably VBR MP3.

7. akakida

akakida Member

I had the same kind of problem a little while ago whenever I tried to convert SVCD in dvdsanta. I just used tmpgenc to convert them to vcd and that seemed to do the trick. The weird thing was that dvdsanta used to work fine for me converted svcd a while ago, and then after i reformatted it stopped working, I'm sure it just didn't like some codec I installed or something. I tried so many different kinds of codecs that I never even had before when dvdsanta used to work, and it still wouldn't help.

8. grail

grail Member

I successfully used DVD Santa a handful of times to burn AVI to DVD. Now however...I always get the same error. Audio stream Unsupported. Seems to be since I installed Nero Vision Express to make easy Menu's, (which by the way crashes everytime I try to convert.).

Does anyone have a sure fire way to fix this problem? Aside from formatting of course.