1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsupported Data error message

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by BigD13, Jul 2, 2007.

1. BigD13

BigD13 Member

I have a new PSP with FW 2.81 (yeah I know it sucks). I recently purchased a 4GB card and now I cannot watch MP4 files on my PSP. I get an error message that says Unsupported Data. When I put the same file onto my 512mb card, putting it in the same Video folder it works without a problem Only when I put the MP4 file in the Video folder of my 4GB card does it give the error message. Any ideas?

2. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

the 4 gb card may be a fake card. select the memory card under Music and press triangle. go to information, press x. if it says MagicGate Unknown, its probably fake, and thats ur problem.

3. BigD13

BigD13 Member

Checked that and it just gives the user capacity anb free space info. The Card is from Sony.

4. mrmcman

mrmcman Guest

even sony sometimes provides fake cards sometimes. if it is not displayed, then chances are it is 100% FAKE. get another one, sell this one lol

5. nhar068

nhar068 Member

it could be the type of MP4 files couldnt it? Ive got a fake 4gb card (well i think its fake) and after I convert videos with PSPVideo9 some work and some don't depending on the settings

6. BigD13

BigD13 Member

YEP its a fake. Dang