1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure of problem booting backups

Discussion in 'PS2' started by C&E, Jan 9, 2003.

1. C&E

C&E Member

I am having a problem that I hope someone can help me with. I have installed a Magic 3.5 Mod chip into my version 7 PS2, and whenver I attempt to boot a backup copy I get the red screen asking me to insert a Playstation of Playstation 2 formated disk. Does anyone know if that is a problem with the chip, or if it might be the media i'm using. The media I have is DVD-R, it's a cheap no-name brand, but when I burn data to them my computer is able to read them fine. If anyone has any sugestions please let me know, thanks in advance.

2. freeky

freeky Guest

try burning it on some sony dvd-rs model DMR47L1 and if you still get some problems use an original dvd game when it says playstation wait until it boots up to any part open tray insert copy (any dvd-r copy) and shutdown then try to boot it up as normal (like how you were suppose to with your chip). (you may need to try it a couple of times)

3. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

That's not the normal way to boot a DVD-r if you have Magic installed Freeky.
    He bought it because he didn't have to swap, so there is something wrong.
    I guess what freeky says you need to buy some good quality media and I am pretty sure it will boot direct.. try it yourself !

4. freeky

freeky Guest

hey i know it is not the right way to boot up but my ps2 does the same thing and i use that method instead of buying new medias and messing them up. Until i solve the problem with mine i woul just use that method