1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Until Death Problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by goldyclk, May 29, 2007.

1. goldyclk

goldyclk Member

I just ripped my copy of Until Death using Ripit4me and when I tried to burn it using Dvdshrink a message came up saying back up folder is the same as the source folder.
    It's a Sony Dvd so I just renamed the folder and burned it using IMGburn instead of my usual nero.
    Any clues to why I got the message?
    Thanks for any help
    Goldy

2. orion250

orion250 Regular member

Welcome to the forum goldyclk.
    I'm guessing you were trying to backup the movie using Shrink into the same directory as the ripped movie. I rip the movie first using Ripit4me into a directory that I create using the movie's name title. Then, when Shrink automatically opens, I edit out some of the audio segments and shrink the movie down so it will fit on one single layer disc. If the main title (movie) requires a compression of 85% or lower, I don't shrink the movie. Instead, I then use a program called VobBlanker to split the movie in half so I can put the first half on one single layer disc and the second half of the movie on another single layer disc.
    This method will require no compression and will leave all menus in working order and intact. At this time, you can also BLANK out all unnecessary junk like movie trailors, commentary, etc. Then, backup into a DIFFERENT directory on your hard drive that you would use as a temporary "holding tank" for your backed up movies until you can get them burned to disk. Once you back them up using either Shrink or VobBlanker, you can burn with your preferred burning software. If I use Imgburn, I backup within Shrink using "ISO image file" and if I burn with Sonic RecordNow, I backup within Shrink using "Hard Disk Folder". Last, I spot check the backup once it has been burned to disc to make sure it burned properly and the menus are all working. Hope this helps!

3. goldyclk

goldyclk Member

Thanks for the help!!!!

4. orion250

orion250 Regular member

You're welcome. Any other questions, just post them. There are many knowlegeable people here on this forum that know what they are talking about and will be glad to help.