1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unusual FTP problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by echelon3, Dec 24, 2007.

1. echelon3

echelon3 Member

Just as a warning, I know this is a noob question but before I get blasted with obvious solutions, I would just like everyone to know that I'm not new to modding. Fully experienced? hell no. Just not a noob, so please no blatantly obvious questions.
    Everytime I open up Flash FXP and connect to my xbox when it's using XBMC, it will take forever, until the connection is finally reset by the xbox and it starts all over. This doesn't happen however if I switch over to UnleashX first. Problem is though it'll connect, and one of two things will happen. Either the file will just outright fail to transfer or it will start to transfer and then the mb/s will start going down semi-gradually until it hits 0. Technically I'm connecting through a router, but my connection is like this:
    {}----|=|-----[_]
    _______\---X
    {} being my router, ---- and \ being any cables, |=| being a switch (not like on/off, sorta like a hub, but slightly different), [_] being my computer, and X being the Xbox. (Don't mind the ___, they're just for spacing.)(The reason for the switch being there is because both my xbox and computer are too far away from the router to both have a direct connection.
    Any suggestions?
    PS also, for my future reference, I was wondering if anyone knows what happens when you use the wrong kind of cables, This way I can troubleshoot with borrowed cables that I don't know which kind they are. (I do know the ones I'm using though.) IE, does the connection just outright fail, or will it "see" the connection but not connect (time out), etc, etc. Thanks!

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Read my networking guide, it will answer all of your questions!