1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unusual long burn time with xbc

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by chnky18, Apr 10, 2007.

1. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

It is taking 5-7 hours to burn games at 2.4x with xbc v2.5 build 0230 by redline99. Do I need to download another version or something because there is no way it should be taking that long.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

I did not like V2.5 so i went back to V2.4
    It should take about 30-45 minutes to just burn the ISO (that is using 4X speed)
    If your discs have a max speed of 6X or 8X then you should be able to burn at 4X. That is what i use with my Verbatim 2.4 to 6X discs and have not had a coaster yet.

and actually i do not use XBC to burn discs, just to make the backup of the original. I use IMGburn V2.1 for burning them (it is free, just do a google search). you just have to remember 2 things
    1. if you have a hitachi drive in the 360, booktype the media to DVD-Rom

2. manually set the layer break
    tools-->settings-->write-->layer break. Check user specified and set it to 1913760. Click ok and burn as normal. This is only necessary the first time burning a 360 game

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  3. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

ok i got number 2 figured out but where is number 1 at...
    i click a book icon that says change book type and then a pop up with 9 different tabs shows up and i assume i suppose to click the lg tab since i have a hitachi drive? then i choose change for to dvd+r dl media and it gives me unknown(failed) on current setting.

What am i doing wrong because i dont see dvd-rom option?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

the hitachi drive would be the DVD drive in your 360, if you have a samsung then you do not have to booktype the DVD, but it does help.
    You want to select the tab that is the model burner you have in your PC, if it is not listed then your burner may not be able to booktype as not all burners can. you can tell by ejecting the tray and looking at the picture in the guide listed below as to which drive is in you 360.
    http://www.xtreme-source.com/tutorials-xbox-360/4039-xbox-360-quick-links.html

Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  5. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

i have a laptop and the burner is pioneer dvr-k16RS. i have a hitachi 59d drive in 360. i have been able to play other games so i know my burner can burn games. when i click book type, the only tabs that come up are lg, lite-on, benq, samsung, plextor and some others but pioneer isnt mention so what do i do from here?

6. chnky18

chnky18 Regular member

well i dont think i got the dvd-rom type set but not sure...anyways just burned saints row and everything works perfect for .000 files so i guess im good to go.