1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unusual Problem trying to make Audio CD from MP3

Discussion in 'Audio' started by chopper05, Apr 25, 2005.

1. chopper05

chopper05 Member

Hi guys, I have a prob trying make Audio CD with Nero 6.6

I've wasted quite a few cds with this problem.
    I have mp3s and i've converted them to wav and tried making an audio cd with nero. The burn process is really fast about 2 mins on 52x. When i try to play it in my car cd player it doesnt work. Then when i view the contents in windows, it shows that each track is only 1kb big. Its like it burnt the short cut onto the cd from my hardrive.

Then i tried making the audio cd from just adding the mp3's (not converted) so that nero converts them auto, but still get the exact same problems. I've tried different settings and still no luck.

Has anyone had this same or similar problem? Can anyone please help me.

Thanks.

2. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

My first guess would have to be that you are writing at to high of a speed. Slow it down to like maybe 32x. See if that works.

3. chopper05

chopper05 Member

yeah i've already tried that.

Could it be settings in nero? also does it have anything to do with forcing ASPI?

thanks

4. weazel200

weazel200 Regular member

There is no point in the first place of converting mp3 to wav as the sound quality doesn't increase even though the bit rate may be higher and you end up with a file 10 times bigger in size which is completely useless. Use Nero Express and this will automatically make the mp3 files into an audio cd which can be played in a normal hi fi system.

5. Digidave

Digidave Regular member

are you certain that you are making an audio CD & not a data CD? When you open the Nero Burning ROM, do you click on the "Audio CD" on left side of the "New Compilation Box"?

6. ripdox

ripdox Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007