1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unwanted Programs Loaded On Startup

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by imatomass, Aug 30, 2004.

1. imatomass

imatomass Member

Hi, I recently installed PCI Sound Card software from a CD. The CD was scratched though, and when I ran it it said that there were a few missing files or something. I installed it anyways but it failed, and now whenever I load Windows the setup program loads automatically even when the CD is not in my CD drive and prompts me for a Windows OS CD. When I put my OS CD in and reboot, it still displays that message. How do I remove this?

2. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

Go to the web site of the sound card manufacturere and download the file again and re run from your hard drive - that should sort your problem.

3. CJC

CJC Regular member

Try going to the manuafacurer's site, eg www.creative.com etc or www.driverguide.com and downloading drivers for your card.

Go into Device Manager in System Properties (Right Click My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware)

Removing the sound card, under sound devices, installing new drivers, restarting.

CJC