1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upconverting dvd players, hd tuners, for hd ready tvs

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by keyface, Jan 27, 2008.

1. keyface

keyface Guest

Hi, I'm a newbe and looking for some answers for my home theater system. I'm trying to get a better picture quality through hd. I have a Hitachi 65" projection tv that is hd ready. I need a few questions answered before I know what direction to take. 1.) will a upconverting dvd player produce a better picture on my tv {as it is) or will I need to purchase a hd tuner also? 2.) If I purchased a hd tuner of my own and connected it between my normal satillite receiver and my tv would I be able to receive hd broadcasts from my satillite system?

2. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

If you buy an up converting DVD player it will produce a 1080i signal through an HDMI connection. So yea, your standard DVD's should look better. Now for an up converting DVD player, I'd go with the Toshiba HD-A3 (BLAH BLAH BLAH, FORMAT WAR). It will play a HUGE selection of the HD-DVD's that are out there now and it will also be an excellent up converter. Those are retailing now for around 149 bucks, excellent price IMO.

All the HD tuner will do is allow you to receive the FREE over the air HD signals. Before you can receive any of the other HD channels that your satellite offers, you will need to subscribe to those channels.